Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 hours ago, matthi32 said:
Let’s say Doncic is still available with the 4th Pick. I would offer Augustine + Biz + our 6th Pick for the 4th Pick + Parson + McLemore. After that trade I would call Miami and offer them Fournier + Ross + Vuc for Dragic and Whiteside. Also try to get another PG in the draft (ideally Okobo).

Dragic/Mack/Okobo or another Rookie
Doncic/Simmons/McLemore
Isaac/ Parson/Simmons
Gordon/Isaac/Parson
Whiteside/Birch/FA (Speights)

I think Dragic is a good mentor for Doncic and still a good basketball-player.
Whiteside has some issues. But he is a good rim-protecter and after last year with Miami he has something to proof.

Miami would ‘t even entertain that trade.  No need to do that Memphis trade first either. 

I will be ok with sexton but not at 6. I think we can move down and unload Biz contract in the process and still be able to get him. New York, Cleveland or even charlotte might be interested. 

33 minutes ago, LaVar said:

I will throw up if we get sexton and young is on the board. Young will make Gordon an all-star: Steve Nash and Shawn Marion. Ask the Wolves about passing on curry. 

Pretty much 

48 minutes ago, LaVar said:

I will throw up if we get sexton and young is on the board. Young will make Gordon an all-star: Steve Nash and Shawn Marion. Ask the Wolves about passing on curry. 

I'd be alright with Sexton but this scenario also worries me. 

I'm lukewarm to Sexton at 6 in a vacuum but I have no doubt he would endear himself to the fans quickly just given his intensity.  I mean this is the dude who very nearly led a 3-on-5 comeback AND developed a habit of reporting directly to the exercise bike when he was subbed out late in the season -- not because of an injury -- just to stay warm and amped.  That's either in you or it's not. 

• Upvote 1

Also, I had a dream last night that Doncic fell to us at 6.  Only detail I remember about the prior picks is that Porter went 3rd.  I was so juiced by that that I momentarily woke up, realized it was a dream, and was disheartened.  Then my brain remembered where it left off, and with Doncic available at 6 we still picked Sexton. 

Magic basketball!

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I'd be alright with Sexton but this scenario also worries me. 

Don’t let it. Young isn’t Nash. 

14 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

After reflecting and digesting this, I have come to the conclusion that this is just Woj's opinion or a smokescreen.  Weltman and Hammond have been incredibly vague and silent about workouts.  A day or so ago Weltman said they have pursued trading up, trading down, or staying at 6.  I like all options on that table.  If this is truly a leak from the Magic there is a reason beyond the obvious.  This appears to follow the premise that we will draft a point guard at 6.  I still think and hope they will draft BPA.  I think Weltman and  Hammond have been thorough and I will trust the process, not that I have any choice but I am excited.  

27 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Don’t let it. Young isn’t Nash. 

What part of nash's game is he lacking? 

4 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

After reflecting and digesting this, I have come to the conclusion that this is just Woj's opinion or a smokescreen.  Weltman and Hammond have been incredibly vague and silent about workouts.  A day or so ago Weltman said they have pursued trading up, trading down, or staying at 6.  I like all options on that table.  If this is truly a leak from the Magic there is a reason beyond the obvious.  This appears to follow the premise that we will draft a point guard at 6.  I still think and hope they will draft BPA.  I think Weltman and  Hammond have been thorough and I will trust the process, not that I have any choice but I am excited.  

I agree. This is when smoke screen is released.

People will come see young play and we need something as fans to watch. I don't see sexton creating a buzz.