Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

12 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Lol 

Young an MVP of the regular season? 

I think I get what you’re trying to say so I’m not taking the comment literally. Basically Young will put up stats but they won’t equate to wins. Sexton can help a team win in the playoffs. I get it and agree with that. 

Ive always said I don’t see this FO drafting young I really don’t. I’m not sure the difference between Shai and Sexton is worth 5-7 draft spots though. I like Sexton but I can’t help but feel like I’d rather trade down to get another pick and just take Shai. I mean I won’t be mad with Sexton at 6 I just don’t think it’s great value. 

Quality bigs don't grow on trees, but this year there are several at the top. I just think a quality big is an absolute must even in today's nba.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's kind of why I'm ok drafting Sexton at 6. 

He should probably go 8 or 9 but if you say "he's our guy" why ***** around?

Not maximising the asset is like a C pick, not a D- pick. 

Yes, this is pretty much where I'm at as well. You might as well just take him at 6 if that's who they are high on rather than running the risk of him going before the Clippers picks (If the option actually exists to swap with them) I just feel Porter won't go top 5 and we'll be left with a tough decision to make. It feels like after those 5 theres not really much between the next 10 or so potential picks.

28 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I agree. If he is our guy we should just take him. Do you like him better than Young and SGA?

30 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

we can trade down with  Cleveland or New York and get him there tho. We dont need to draft him at 6. We can get some assests. Maybe another future first round pick 

8 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Yes, this is pretty much where I'm at as well. You might as well just take him at 6 if that's who they are high on rather than running the risk of him going before the Clippers picks (If the option actually exists to swap with them) I just feel Porter won't go top 5 and we'll be left with a tough decision to make. It feels like after those 5 theres not really much between the next 10 or so potential picks.

I bet you Porter goes top 5 before Trae does.

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

I would be ecstatic if either went top 5. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Sexton > Young. Been saying it for months. 

I'm not sure his is better but he may be better for us. Young did lead the entire NCAA in several categories (and yes, turnovers too)

1 minute ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Well I don't think either goes top 5 but yeah, if one does it would most likely be Porter. And believe me, I hope he does so we can nab whoever has dropped!

10 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Sexton > Young. Been saying it for months. 

I liked Sexton before ?4thewin had me leaning Trae Young at the beginning of the college season. 

9 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm not sure his is better but he may be better for us. Young did lead the entire NCAA in several categories (and yes, turnovers too)

someone mentioned this before but having Young be so harmful on defense negates Isaac and Gordon's defensive upside .

I do badly want a point guard thus year though just as a fan that wants to see this team get well rounded.

One thing is undeniable, Young Bull is a legend and Young is historic so I'd be happy with either one but I'd worry less with Sexton but Young has higher upside potentially