Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not know why you all want Luka, he said that anyone who pass him will be making a mistake, he seems like a douchebag 

literally everyone says that either verbally or internally and you want players to think that. you want players who have a chip on their shoulder. sounds to me like you have a pretty carb free outlook on scouting.

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

literally everyone says that either verbally or internally and you want players to think that. you want players who have a chip on their shoulder. sounds to me like you have a pretty carb free outlook on scouting.

Oh please! If Luka ends up being a bust, he is going to look stupid after saying that stupid statement

"Killing long term value for short term gain. Especially if you don't capitalize on cap room again.  "

This go so much against what Weltman preaches that I dont think theres any chance it happens.

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Let's just put it this way: Real Madrid is better than some teams in the NBA. Phoenix, Orlando, Atlanta etc. would all lose a 7 game series to Real Madrid and Doncic is the clear leader and best player of that team.

I'm intrigued by Trae Young's ceiling even more, but Doncic's floor is reeeeeaally high and he could become a James Harden type of MVP candidate

I don’t know if that is quite true. Most of their other good players spent time in the NBA and were decent 6th men at the best. Though Real might be able to win the series, or at least make it way too close.

The idea that Doncic is a dick for saying teams would regret passing on him is hilarious though- that is like the most pro sports thing to say, and I think you want your high draft pick to have lots of confidence in himself.

1 minute ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Oh please! If Luka ends up being a bust, he is going to look stupid after saying that stupid statement

How about this

1 minute ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Basically everyone in the draft says something like that. It’s complete nothing.

19 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Real Madrid is better than some teams in the NBA. Phoenix, Orlando, Atlanta etc. would all lose a 7 game series to Real Madrid and Doncic is the clear leader and best player of that team.

No they aren't. Stop

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The 3 NBA teams I mentioned are pretty bad

Gustavo Ayton averages over 20 minutes a game with them... I think that is all you need to know.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The 3 NBA teams I mentioned are pretty bad

Fournier alone would be the acb mvp. 

We're super hyped about doncic because he's doing stuff that no 18-19 year old has ever done but let's properly rate what Real Madrid is. If doncic was 23 we wouldn't even be talking about him

37 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Let's just put it this way: Real Madrid is better than some teams in the NBA. Phoenix, Orlando, Atlanta etc. would all lose a 7 game series to Real Madrid and Doncic is the clear leader and best player of that team.

I'm intrigued by Trae Young's ceiling even more, but Doncic's floor is reeeeeaally high and he could become a James Harden type of MVP candidate

This is utter nonsense. Euroleague is easily the no 2 league in the world but it's best teams are still light years behind the NBA's worst teams.