Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

10 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

fair point

Trae was a consensus top 20 recruit, a McDonald's all American, selected for the u18 national team, and a part of one of the top 5 most high profile aau teams. He didn't come out of nowhere. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Trae was a consensus top 20 recruit, a McDonald's all American, selected for the u18 national team, and a part of one of the top 5 most high profile aau teams. He didn't come out of nowhere. 

Please............  Nobody saw what he did year coming..... It was an aberration. And what do you mean you don't trust me.....????   I'm not trying to swindle you out of your lunch money...... lol

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

Please............  Nobody saw what he did year coming..... It was an aberration. And what do you mean you don't trust me.....????   I'm not trying to swindle you out of your lunch money...... lol

Sb nation cataloged 104 mock drafts for 2017. About a third had Howard going a pick before the bucs, 5 had the bucs taking him. 5 had Howard going after the bucs. 

16 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

NFL draft and NBA DRAFT are two separate beasts. can't compare a 5 position sport to a 305,930,830 position sport

Bull****. You take BPA in either league draft. When you draft by need more often then not you screw yourself.

• Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Sb nation cataloged 104 mock drafts for 2017. About a third had Howard going a pick before the bucs, 5 had the bucs taking him. 5 had Howard going after the bucs. 

Again.... Sorry to disagree, but nobody around One Buc Place saw Howard falling anywhere close to 19. a lot mocks had us drafting a DE or Safety. And yes plenty of Mocks had OJ going in the top 10 due to pure athletic ability. He was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Gronk. Generational Y tight ends don't grow on trees. They're extremely rare.

18 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

When you are bad as we are and you have the opportunity to move up and possibly get a franchise changing player you do it quickly before they change their mind. Doncic is that guy and if we can get him we need to!

I truly believe both Doncic and Bamba are franchise changing players. I covet both guys, but I still take a big over a wing every time. Especially a big that already comes with a defensive pedigree and the ability to develop his offensive game which he's already showing in the offseason.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Bull****. You take BPA in either league draft. When you draft by need more often then not you screw yourself.

drafting bpa doesn't build the Jacksonville Jaguars defense.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Here are 10 different mocks for your reading enjoyment or agony depending on who you want. The good news? We do not take Porter in ANY of these mocks :D

http://www.nba.com/news/2018-consensus-mock-draft

I'd actually not be mad if we took Porter..... If his back checks out then he'll be a better prospect the AG

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Here are 10 different mocks for your reading enjoyment or agony depending on who you want. The good news? We do not take Porter in ANY of these mocks :D

http://www.nba.com/news/2018-consensus-mock-draft

That is because the average of these mock drafts have Porter going before we pick.  The good news is not us not getting Porter.  The good news is we probably get Bamba who I like.   So we have the potential for a great defense.  But  explain where our points come from or do we just assume we find offense in next year's lottery pick.  I am OK with a rebuild around youth but it will take patience.  Porter definitely hi risk/hi reward.  If healthy=all Star type player.  I do not see us having the intestinal fortitude to draft Porter anyway so Bamba would be a nice alternative.

1 hour ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I'd actually not be mad if we took Porter..... If his back checks out then he'll be a better prospect the AG

Even if his back checks out FOR NOW it doesn't mean that it won't be a serious problem that costs lots of downtime in the future. Don't tell the teams that pick before us that though.

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

That is because the average of these mock drafts have Porter going before we pick.  The good news is not us not getting Porter.  The good news is we probably get Bamba who I like.   So we have the potential for a great defense.  But  explain where our points come from or do we just assume we find offense in next year's lottery pick.  I am OK with a rebuild around youth but it will take patience.  Porter definitely hi risk/hi reward.  If healthy=all Star type player.  I do not see us having the intestinal fortitude to draft Porter anyway so Bamba would be a nice alternative.

Hell..... Everyone wants to trade next years 1st to move up 2 or 3  spots......... Stupid in my opinion....