Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I would gladly give up a future pick

This is where I disagree with you. When you are as bad as we are you don't give up future draft capital. That's what's going to get us out of purgatory. Not free agent signings. Especially when the guy you're targeting might actually fall to you without making that sacrifice.

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

especially in next year's draft where well probably land 6-10

and what's wrong with picking 6 to 10 next year. We don't have any clue what next years draft class will look like. The bottom line is if you have good scouting and a good front office you can find value in that range. I'd much rather keep that pick and take my chances with what we have coming to us a t 6 this year. Again we're a BAD team. When you suck as bad as we have then it's just not prudent to gamble future draft capital for someone this year that might not be any better then what you might receive at 6. Sorry guys, but I disagree with this philosophy.

3 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

This is where I disagree with you. When you are as bad as we are you don't give up future draft capital. That's what's going to get us out of purgatory. Not free agent signings. Especially when the guy you're targeting might actually fall to you without making that sacrifice.

There's like a zero percent chance of doncic falling to 6. 

Doncic, Jackson and Bamba aren't on the same tier. I'd trade up for the first two. I wouldn't trade up for Bamba. 

What's going to get us out of purgatory is getting a top tier player. We're going to come out of this draft with 4-5 players under the age of 23 to build around. Now's the time to trade up. Don't need another guy next year.

• Like 2

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

and what's wrong with picking 6 to 10 next year. We don't have any clue what next years draft class will look like. The bottom line is if you have good scouting and a good front office you can find value in that range. I'd much rather keep that pick and take my chances with what we have coming to us a t 6 this year. Again we're a BAD team. When you suck as bad as we have then it's just not prudent to gamble future draft capital for someone this year that might not be any better then what you might receive at 6. Sorry guys, but I disagree with this philosophy.

It's projected to be pretty crappy

Just now, ?4thewin said:

It's projected to be pretty crappy

Projections can kiss my butt..... Until we see actual games being played on the collegiate level we have no real idea how next years draft class will stack up. Hell, guys like Trae Young came out of nowhere. Also I truly believe Bamba has the ability to become the best player in this years draft class.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

There's like a zero percent chance of doncic falling to 6. 

Doncic, Jackson and Bamba aren't on the same tier. I'd trade up for the first two. I wouldn't trade up for Bamba. 

What's going to get us out of purgatory is getting a top tier player. We're going to come out of this draft with 4-5 players under the age of 23 to build around. Now's the time to trade up. Don't need another guy next year.

Actually you, me or the rest of the world doesn't know this. Maybe Memphis looks at life beyond Marc Gasol. You just never know who's going to be there at 6. Trust me the Bucs had NO IDEA that OJ Howard was going to be there at 19 in last years NFL draft. He was projected top 10 in EVERY mock draft.

12 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Actually you, me or the rest of the world doesn't know this. Maybe Memphis looks at life beyond Marc Gasol. You just never know who's going to be there at 6. Trust me the Bucs had NO IDEA that OJ Howard was going to be there at 19 in last years NFL draft. He was projected top 10 in EVERY mock draft.

I don't trust you

13 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

NFL draft and NBA DRAFT are two separate beasts. can't compare a 5 position sport to a 305,930,830 position sport

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

When you are bad as we are and you have the opportunity to move up and possibly get a franchise changing player you do it quickly before they change their mind. Doncic is that guy and if we can get him we need to!

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

When you are bad as we are and you have the opportunity to move up and possibly get a franchise changing player you do it quickly before they change their mind. Doncic is that guy and if we can get him we need to!

Doncic is the safest player I've ever heard about entering a draft. Being so young while being Europe's best player is staggering. He's a legit top 10 wing in the world already without playing a single NBA game.

• Upvote 1