Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

The latest Nbadraft. net has up picking Bamba at #6 and Anferney Simmons and Bates-Diop with our second rounders. 

That will be a great draft .

14 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

The latest Nbadraft. net has up picking Bamba at #6 and Anferney Simmons and Bates-Diop with our second rounders. 

Agreed, it would be a really good result for us. However, I would change the final pick to Hamidou Diallo, he's an elite athlete and has excellent size, bit of a project but we can afford to take that in the second round and let him develop behind Simmons/Fournier. Alternatively Bruce Brown from Miami or Tony Carr from Pen (decent passer and shoots threes at a good rate) could be alternatives. Though if we end up with this trio I'd be happy. 

23 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

That would be great but Bamba is going either 4 or 5 dependent upon Porter’s workouts/projections by the teams. 

20 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

That would be great but Bamba is going either 4 or 5 dependent upon Porter’s workouts/projections by the teams. 

I can't see Trae Young going third overall, but if Michael Porter goes to the Kings like some have speculated that could see one from Bagley, Bamba, Doncic, and JJJ falling to us at six. If Porter and Young go in the top five we'll have our choice from two of that quartet. Personally I think Young and Porter will be there at six, which leaves us with a choice between them or going for someone in the next tier down like Carter or Mikal. 

3 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Dennis 3rd pick for vuch and 6th pick make it happen

I can see the appeal of adding a veteran point guard and moving up, but Schroder is an inefficient shooter and is below average on the defensive end, so he is not a perfect addition by any means. I also see Schroder having more value than Vucevic at this point so to move up I suspect we would need to be adding something more to get a deal done. 

10 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

There are some people out there that feel that next to Doncic Mikal Bridges is the only other player ready to step in and contribute to winning. How does everyone feel about reaching for him at #6?

I would, that man is a faucet and if were making a "safe pick" he's the guy to get. I'd rather have an awesome 1-4 with a serviceable center than a high upside center with no one around him to help stretch the floor and move the ball.

13 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

I can see the appeal of adding a veteran point guard and moving up, but Schroder is an inefficient shooter and is below average on the defensive end, so he is not a perfect addition by any means. I also see Schroder having more value than Vucevic at this point so to move up I suspect we would need to be adding something more to get a deal done. 

A second round pick, add someone else idc. A lineup of Dennis, Evan,Ross,Gordon,Bamba sounds way better than trae,Evan,Ross,gordon, and vuch

30 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

A second round pick, add someone else idc. A lineup of Dennis, Evan,Ross,Gordon,Bamba sounds way better than trae,Evan,Ross,gordon, and vuch

any lineup with vuch is gonna sound worse that's not fair 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

any lineup with vuch is gonna sound worse that's not fair 

Which is why I would want that trade to happen, I'm tired of players like kemba, wall etc killing us in the pick n roll

21 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He did that once though. I'm not sure he's that guy. Like 14-15 Danny green. Perfect circumstances for him

He was awesome his entire tenure in Boston until he got hurt but even prior to that he was always productive even on bad teams. If Trae Young can trade some of IT's finishing/interior scoring ability for much better playmaking + being 4 inches taller then that's amazing for the the 6th pick.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

There is nothing to indicate that. Unless we move down. He is not the best player available at 6 and SG/SF is also not a position of need. As long as we have Ross, Fournier, Simmons playing the SG position and hopefully Mario  and Isaac playing the SF role, I just dont see that happening. We want Isaac and Mario eventually take the SF role. 

Trades needs to happen prior selecting Mikal over the likes of JJJ, Bamba, Young or Carter and like I said before, we will be moving down if we really want Mikal. 

Just to be clear, I don't want us to do that it's just the type of thing I can imagine this front office doing. There's also nothing to indicate that we won't do it either. We don't really have any clue what will happen and we can't trust anything we here as it could all be smokescreens. I also don't think we should be saying "we don't need x position". If Mikal (just as an example I don't necessarily think he will) became an All Star and we didn't pick him because we had Jonathan Simmons, Evan Fournier and T Ross we'd look stupid.