Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

23 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Agreed. But taking Ayton over Doncic is also ill advised

Not necessarily. I'll take a high ceiling big over a high floor swing man any day.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Doncic

Bagley

Bamba

Ayton

JJJ

Young

Carter

Sexton

Bridges

Porter

I am hoping Doncic or Bamba fall to us, but think we will end up with Young.

I think one of the 2 fall to us. I actually believe at this point someone in front of us is going to gamble on Porter.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I hope I'm wrong too. Just weird he hasn't had a workout

Wait.... Kentucky guard? Yeah, PHX is taking him.

SGA/Booker/Jackson/Bender/Ayton

Sounds like last year when Suns had Jackson dodging Celtics request for workouts. 

8 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

honestly? I'd only bet on Doncic and Mikal contributing to winning basketball 

So if they were the only 2 we should draft 1 of them with #6, right? Would it really be reaching too far to take Mikal at #6?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So if they were the only 2 we should draft 1 of them with #6, right? Would it really be reaching too far to take Mikal at #6?

I don't feel that way, I think he fits our team makeup perfectly and believe in his ball handling upside. watching him shoot off the dribble effortlessly is a thing of beauty. I'm super high on him.. If we don't take Trae I'd prefer Mikal over Bamba and Carter. I'd probably only take Trae or JJJ  over him.

3 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

Doncic

Bagley

Bamba

Ayton

JJJ

Young

Carter

Sexton

Bridges

Porter

I am hoping Doncic or Bamba fall to us, but think we will end up with Young.

There are some people out there that feel that next to Doncic Mikal Bridges is the only other player ready to step in and contribute to winning. How does everyone feel about reaching for him at #6?

12 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

There are some people out there that feel that next to Doncic Mikal Bridges is the only other player ready to step in and contribute to winning. How does everyone feel about reaching for him at #6?

We aren’t winning so we need to swing for the fences

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Mikal makes sense if we plan to get better next year. He offers a high floor 3 and D style and if his offensive game develops further he can be an all star. So it's a floor similar to Danny Green and Otto Porter, with a ceiling that goes beyond that with development. He's also a leader, hard worker, and high character prospect. He would slot in perfectly at SG alongside Isaac as SF and Gordon at PF. The defensive potential of that trio is quite high. 

8 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

We aren’t winning so we need to swing for the fences

True, but are we tanking next year or aiming to get better?

I suspect hiring Clifford points towards aiming to get better. As it stands we've got a raw high upside SF in Isaac and a still developing PF in Gordon. That leaves three spots to target. I'd argue Trae Young for PG, Mikal for SG or Carter for C offer us the best chance of a rookie contributor. That's not to say JJJ or Bamba would be bad picks, they wouldn't, but they'll need more time to develop. If the desire is to improve the win count pro ready players make sense.

I actually like Mikal and think he fits perfectly at SG with his high floor 3 and D. If his offensive game develops further than that he's got all star potential. At the end of the day his worst case scenario is a Danny Green or Otto Porter like player and we could certainly use that.

All we'd need to do then is sort out the PG and C spots. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

After all this talk of Carter/Bamba/Young we'll probably just draft Mikal Bridges or something. 

There is nothing to indicate that. Unless we move down. He is not the best player available at 6 and SG/SF is also not a position of need. As long as we have Ross, Fournier, Simmons playing the SG position and hopefully Mario  and Isaac playing the SF role, I just dont see that happening. We want Isaac and Mario eventually take the SF role. 

Trades needs to happen prior selecting Mikal over the likes of JJJ, Bamba, Young or Carter and like I said before, we will be moving down if we really want Mikal.