Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I would oblige them and draft one of Doncic or JJJ whichever is available 

I could imagine a scenario where they drafted one of those guys and then we grabbed Young at 6 and made a deal. 

2 hours ago, Mack1085 said:

Does anyone else follow @NBADraftGod ? Not sure how legit they are but Givony follows them. 

They are saying Atlanta wants Young and is looking to trade back to take him but they’d potentially grab him at 3 if they have to. 

They’re fake news 

5 hours ago, Diplo said:

What would your reaction be if we just draft Kevin knox at 6?

He seems to be the late riser this year, and might legit be bpa

I don’t expect us to draft Knox at 6 but if we trade down he would for sure be on our radar. I like his upside—I just don’t love it at 6. 

25 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

They’re fake news 

Let the games begin.  It is smokescreen time.  Since so many mock drafts have us taking Trae this one is probably aimed at us.  I trust our FO will not be fooled by this  tactic.  Dallas praising Porter's workout a week ago on Friday could be an example of another smokescreen.  When teams are supposedly talking about who they are interested in it is probably a lie.

Here's a great question for your opinions. All draft prospects are supposed to be projects but which ones do you feel are ready to step in and play as a starter in the NBA?

I think Ayton, Doncic, JJJ, Mikal, Bamba, could pull it off and possibly Sexton, Carter, Williams, and Okobo could too. The rest I don't think are ready defensively to start

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Here's a great question for your opinions. All draft prospects are supposed to be projects but which ones do you feel are ready to step in and play as a starter in the NBA?

Ayton, Bagley, Bamba, Doncic, and Young.

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

Let the games begin.  It is smokescreen time.  Since so many mock drafts have us taking Trae this one is probably aimed at us.  I trust our FO will not be fooled by this  tactic.  Dallas praising Porter's workout a week ago on Friday could be an example of another smokescreen.  When teams are supposedly talking about who they are interested in it is probably a lie.

Young isn’t getting drafted that high.  There are a solid 7 better prospects than him and he is the highest risk due to questions about his ability to stick.  Porter to Dallas has been a thing for weeks.  The draft is pretty set at the top imo.

My dream draft:

Suns-Ayton

Kings-Porter

Hawks-JJJ

Grizzlies-Young

Mavericks-Bamba

Magic-Doncic

and in the 2nd we grab Carter and Melton and buy or work into a trade a late 2nd to give Brandon McCoy a shot

31 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I think Ayton, Doncic, JJJ, Mikal, Bamba, could pull it off and possibly Sexton, Carter, Williams, and Okobo could too. The rest I don't think are ready defensively to start

Could start for a playoff team: Doncic, Young, Mikal

Could start for a bad team: all the other top prospects. Bad teams don't care

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Could start for a playoff team: Doncic, Young, Mikal

Could start for a bad team: all the other top prospects. Bad teams don't care

I would put bamba on that list. Not that he would play 30 minutes. But a disruptive force to start the game. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

honestly? I'd only bet on Doncic and Mikal contributing to winning basketball