Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

IT was a great player for Boston pre injury. And they were pretty dam good with him then. 

Thomas was also a good starter in only 2 seasons of his career and it was on his third team. 

If you told me Isaiah Thomas was completely healthy I wouldn't want him on the magic. You have to build around him so much for only moderate gain. Guys like that pick up a couple typical regular season sprained ankles or tendonitis and their game falls off a cliff. 

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

People think you're crazy because they see that the players are fundamentally different and only superficially the same

They’re both fundamentally flawed players. 

Young Is closer to Jimmer than he is curry. 

50 minutes ago, Odin said:

I think the realistic ceiling for Trae Young is Isaiah Thomas on the Celtics. Basically, at best I think he will be a very good offensive player whose defensive deficiencies make his actual impact difficult to ascertain.

This is fair. 

53 minutes ago, Odin said:

I think the realistic ceiling for Trae Young is Isaiah Thomas on the Celtics. Basically, at best I think he will be a very good offensive player whose defensive deficiencies make his actual impact difficult to ascertain.

he's 3 times the passer than Thomas 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

They’re both fundamentally flawed players. 

Young Is closer to Jimmer than he is curry. 

That's a completely subjective stance considering that his freshman year is better than either players 2nd 3rd or 4th years. he's an outlier player who's upside is higher than either players respectively at the same age

11 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

That's a completely subjective stance considering that his freshman year is better than either players 2nd 3rd or 4th years. he's an outlier player who's upside is higher than either players respectively at the same age

If people wanna compare him to the best shooter of all time, a league MVP, 3x NBA champ and finals MVP—then I’m completely allowed to compare him to Jimmer. Both are outrageously stupid comparisons. 

If you asked me if I think Young has a better chance of winning a league MVP or being out of the league in 5 years—id say be out of the league in 5 years. Neither super likely. I see more of a Monta Ellis with better passing but even less driving ability. No defense. Bad shot selection. Terrible efficiency. He’ll have moments but too many deficiencies to win with. 

Do i truly think he’ll be Jimmer? No. Not entirely. But saying he’s the next Curry is even more dumb. 

54 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

17 points on 17 shots is bad if you weren't aware

yeah but I would settle for that on a bad night. If we take him we should grab another PG in the 2nd too in case he's a bust.