Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Parsons would be over the moon too because he's from Winter Park Florida

He Went to Lake Howell. 

Oviedo beat them my sophomore year. We stormed the court. 

?ForTheWin might have been there too. 

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'd be happy as a hog in slop

Two best offensive players in the top 7.  Consensus on Porter is he will score as long as he is healthy.  Track record shows injury takes one year to see full recovery.  And track record shows if surgery is done recovery occurs.  Yes it is still a risk but not as big a risk as some suggest.  Trae and Porter played on same AAU (?) team. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He Went to Lake Howell. 

Ah...... Yer a Vieder graduate too.......  I'm a graduate from the class of 88

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

He Went to Lake Howell. 

I only remember storming the court when we beat montverde

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Oviedo's basketball and Football programs weren't that good when I was there. It was Baseball and Wrestling that we excelled in my times there.

Oh.. and girl's volleyball.

9 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Oviedo's basketball and Football programs weren't that good when I was there. It was Baseball and Wrestling that we excelled in my times there.

It wasn't that good when I was there. 

Lately though I guess they've been good

1 hour ago, DirtDan2012 said:

The wrestling team won state title all 4 years I was there. From 04-08. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Lived in Winter Springs from 1983-1994, our son went to Lake Howell, played  briefly with and against (played defense) Marquette Smith, and just found out was a classsmate of a Lake Howell grad BILLIONAIRE.  Then in 1994 moved to Oviedo until 1999, passed Oviedo high every day.  Just a stroll down memory lane for what it is worth.  

• Like 1

I think if we could get 4 and Parsons for Vucevic/Fournier, Ross, and a top 3 protected 2019 first-rounder, I'd be ecstatic. I would do either one, depending on what Memphis wants. If they just want cap relief, give them Vuc and Ross. If they want some cap relief and some talent, give them Fournier and Ross. Either way, it works for me. Think of it this way:

If they want total cap relief (Vuc/Ross), they get that plus a likely lotto pick next year, though probably not as good as what they're giving up at 4. That's a great deal for them, if cap relief is something they value. If we're starting Isaac and two rookies next year, we won't be a playoff team by any stretch of the imagination, so the 2019 pick should be good. This takes all of Parsons' contract off the board for the cost of delaying a lotto pick one more year and (probably) dropping a few spots in the draft. Plus Memphis would have two expendable expiring contracts to trade off again at the deadline if they can (not that they could get much, but maybe a contending team would throw you a late first for Vuc if they really need scoring and rebounding off the bench).

If they want Fournier instead to try and make a good showing of it next year, then they get about $6 million in cap relief after Ross comes off the board next off-season, plus a solid wing on a fair contract while still getting a lottery pick from us in 2019. Looks great from their standpoint. You basically gave up 4 and saved $6 million for Fournier and likely somewhere in the 6-10 range of next year's draft. We could even suck bad enough that they get 4 again next year.

From our standpoint, if they want cap relief/Vuc (better for us): We just got the 4th pick in the draft for two expiring mid-level players and a future pick. Vuc and Ross are not long-term guys here (at least, I don't think so). So even if we end up sucking bad enough, end up giving them the 4th pick next year, we used Vuc and Ross to expedite our rebuild by a whole year. Not a bad trade. Imagine building around Luka/Isaac/Gordan/Carter, with Fournier as a super sixth man. Or a lineup of Young/Fournier/Isaac/Gordan/JJJ/Bamba, for the Young fans.

If they want Fournier, from our standpoint (not as ideal, but really still worth it): We just got the 4th pick for Evan Fournier, an expiring wing, and a future pick. Again, even if we end up giving them the 4th pick next year, we expedited our rebuild a full season for the price of an offense-only wing and an expiring contract.

My dream scenario, we do this trade: Parsons/4th for Fournier/Ross/2019 top 3 protected first. Top three picks are Ayton, Bagley, JJJ. We pick Luka with the 4th. 6th pick, we take Carter. Later, we make this trade: Vuc/35/41 for Meyers Leonard/24 (Portland gets out of Leonard's deal and gets a valuable backup/expiring contract plus two early second-rounders for the 24th pick; no-brainer for them, really). We take Aaron Holiday (3 and D PG, short but with good wingspan) at 24. We have great young core of Holiday/Luka/Isaac/Gordon/Carter/maybe Hezonja. Still have decent vets like DJ, Simmons, Parsons, and Biyombo to form a solid bench, and provide leadership without taking too many of the the young guys' minutes. In 2020, we get $53 million in cap relief, just from Parsons/Leonard/Biyombo, all at once, to re-sign guys and help make up for any busts in that group. Damn. Can I be the GM?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Embid played in 63 games this year. He missed 8 games from Fultz breaking his face. Most other games off were just precautionary by Philly front office. 

Arent you one of the people who love Young? You realize he’s as big a risk of anyone in the draft, Porter included? 

Young is one of several players I'd be happy drafting. Really any healthy player in the top 10 that showed good potential in college is ahead of Porter who in my opinion is NOT healthy is less risk than the guy with back surgery. Missing that 2nd workout day because of "hip problems" just magnifies the risk. If you truly understand back problems you wouldn't even consider Porter.