Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, The Boss said:

Getting 4 without giving up 6? No brainer. I'd even throw in Cliffords sandles and the photo of Hehateme as a kid, I'll even pay to get it framed for them. 

I’ll even sign it before you send it. 

I was thinking a bit today. As fans we are desperate to find something this year because we have suffered for so long. Hammond and Weltman are probably feeling as patient as can be? Why would they trade future assets to move up? Why not just draft the safe guy because their plan is the long term plan? I don't know how confident I am in us even entertaining the idea of moving up which sucks. 

9 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I was thinking a bit today. As fans we are desperate to find something this year because we have suffered for so long. Hammond and Weltman are probably feeling as patient as can be? Why would they trade future assets to move up? Why not just draft the safe guy because their plan is the long term plan? I don't know how confident I am in us even entertaining the idea of moving up which sucks. 

Two ways of looking at this:

1) Their jobs aren't on the line, so they don't need to sell the farm in order to move up. If a trade is there that makes sense for them, they can do it, or not.

2) They have enough security that if they do make an aggressive move, they have time to see how it plays out. If they move up for a guy like JJJ and he doesn't set the world on fire at 19 years old, they aren't updating their resumes. 

If Hennigan was here he would be trading 6, another unprotected and players for Kemba and Batum. 

8 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Agree. They are not really fans. They are just doing their jobs. Their main goal is to keep their jobs and they are in no position to rush and make any decision that can jeopardize that. They will play it very conservative.  They will likely go with the BPA which is the  safest choice. 

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Screw Parson's 94 million dollar contract and bad knees.

If they are including the #4 pick without us giving the #6 pick In return, How can you say no to that!  

That could be a mixture of JJJ and Young, Bamba/Bagley and Young  or even Doncic and Bamba/carter. 

Im all in!

12 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Agree. They are not really fans. They are just doing their jobs. Their main goal is to keep their jobs and they are in no position to rush and make any decision that can jeopardize that. They will play it very conservative.  They will likely go with the BPA which is the  safest choice. 

like Weltman said, it's not often you pick so high in such a deep draft so you just kind of have to go BPA and go from there.

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Fournier and Vooch for 4 and Parsons works for me. 

I will even give them the 2 second rounds. As long as Vooch is included. 

12 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Vooch has to be included to make the $ work

Evan and Ross works and makes more sense given they have Gasol and might actually be trying to win games next year. 

17 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

If they are including the #4 pick without us giving the #6 pick In return, How can you say no to that!  

That could be a mixture of JJJ and Young, Bamba/Bagley and Young  or even Doncic and Bamba/carter. 

Im all in!

94 million reasons why I say no to that.

There are no Lebrons in this draft.