What about a deal like this?

Evan Fournier (17M/3Y)
Terrence Ross (10M/1Y)
2019 1st round pick (Top 3 protected)

For

Pick #4 (Luka Doncic)
Chandler Parsons (23M/2Y)

Hell no, that is way too much to give up for 2 players 

taking on Parsons' contract and #4, while keeping #6 in this draft is kind of a no brainer.

Do that all day and walk away with: 

Doncic/Carter or Doncic/Mamba (if Mavs really like Carter more), Doncic/Jackson, Young/Bamba

Think of it like this. We're considering trading 6 for 12 and 13 already. 

Imagine trading 6, Biyombo, and Augustin for 12, 13, and Beverly

But when the plane lands in LA Biyombo and Augustin both slip and fall and tear all of their ACLs. 

That's what 4 plus Parsons for 6 and Fournier and Mack looks like from Memphis' perspective. 

What about a deal like this?

Evan Fournier (17M/3Y)
Terrence Ross (10M/1Y)
2019 1st round pick (Top 3 protected)

For

Pick #4 (Luka Doncic)
Chandler Parsons (23M/2Y)

14 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Hell no, that is way too much to give up for 2 players 

It's really just one player and contract that expires one year earlier than Evan's...

And if you believe that one player is the star your team has been looking for and failing to find, I don't think Evan Fournier, one year of Terrence Ross, and early-to-mid lotto pick next year is too much. Especially when the move gives you $40M in expiring deals between Parsons and Biz before you have to pay Isaac or either of these two top 6 picks. 

Getting 4 without giving up 6? No brainer. I'd even throw in Cliffords sandles and the photo of Hehateme as a kid, I'll even pay to get it framed for them. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Getting 4 without giving up 6? No brainer. I'd even throw in Cliffords sandles and the photo of Hehateme as a kid, I'll even pay to get it framed for them. 

The problem is it's definitely enough and might be the best deal they could get but not sexy enough for Memphis to actually consummate. I don't think they end up trading 4 and Parsons for anything. They're just hoping for something amazing to pop up. 

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The problem is it's definitely enough and might be the best deal they could get but not sexy enough for Memphis to actually consummate. I don't think they end up trading 4 and Parsons for anything. They're just hoping for something amazing to pop up. 

Yeah I don't think there is any chance they are sending 4 to us without getting 6 back. 

51 minutes ago, The Boss said:

lololololol 

27 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Yeah I don't think there is any chance they are sending 4 to us without getting 6 back. 

I could see a scenario where they do it if there's a future pick. They aren't really able to rebuild right now with Conley and Gasol under contract, so some young vets who can help them make a decent showing these next two years plus what I would expect to be a high pick either next year or the year after wouldn't be out of the question if I were in their position.