Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

How many games doe Embiid play this year? 
Yes we CAN take the risk but the beauty of this draft is that it is deep enough that we don't HAVE TO take that risk, so why would we want to do that?

Embid played in 63 games this year. He missed 8 games from Fultz breaking his face. Most other games off were just precautionary by Philly front office. 

Arent you one of the people who love Young? You realize he’s as big a risk of anyone in the draft, Porter included? 

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

His mid range pull up is so much more fluid than Gordon’s. His jumper looks like Durant to some extent. 

I know he’s damaged goods at this point and we won’t be drafting him at 6 but let’s not act like he doesn’t have game if he’s healthy. 

The thing is I'm not sure he'd be good if healthy

Though I guess if he has a chronic back issue going back a couple years that would explain his issues (lack of strength, lack of short burst quickness, poor stance on both sides of the ball). 

I said this 3 months ago but (assuming his high school tape is healthy tape) those 6'10 high school wins are historically one of the easiest archetypes to overrate because there aren't a ton of big men in 1-2 years of high school who are quick enough to defend the giant wings and not enough wings who are big enough to bother shots. That's how we end up with Perry Jones, Quincy Miller, James McAdoo, Brandan wright. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The thing is I'm not sure he'd be good if healthy

Though I guess if he has a chronic back issue going back a couple years that would explain his issues (lack of strength, lack of short burst quickness, poor stance on both sides of the ball). 

I said this 3 months ago but (assuming his high school tape is healthy tape) those 6'10 high school wins are historically one of the easiest archetypes to overrate because there aren't a ton of big men in 1-2 years of high school who are quick enough to defend the giant wings and not enough wings who are big enough to bother shots. That's how we end up with Perry Jones, Quincy Miller, James McAdoo, Brandan wright. 

Fair points. Who knows with Porter. He’s a legit mystery. It will be interesting to see where his career takes him because opinions are all over the place on him because we have nothing to go off of really. 

Here are the lotto draft picks that I believe match the “type” of player our management likes:

Doncic

JJJ

Bamba

Carter

Bridges

Sexton

Smith

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Fair points. Who knows with Porter. He’s a legit mystery. It will be interesting to see where his career takes him because opinions are all over the place on him because we have nothing to go off of really. 

He could easily be Jason Tatum 

It's just draft picks are gambles and Porter is a really bad gamble at 6. Might be better at 9 with a team like New York who is sure to be tanking next year with a number one option already in existence and a developmental combo guard.

18 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Here are the lotto draft picks that I believe match the “type” of player our management likes:

Doncic

JJJ

Bamba

Carter

Bridges

Sexton

Smith

Knox 

This draft is weird, you can make a case for anyone 1-8 that they can be the best player that comes out of this draft

37 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Doncic

JJJ

Bamba

Carter

Bridges

Sexton

Smith

SGA

41 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Doncic

JJJ

Bamba

Carter

Bridges

Sexton

Smith

I'd have to agree. Is it fair to say if Mikal developed a decent handle that he could become a border line all star, I really believe in that dude and love all his measurements and aspects of his game.

43 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Doncic

JJJ

Bamba

Carter

Bridges

Sexton

Smith

Don’t forget about my dude Khyri Thomas 

26 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He could easily be Jason Tatum 

It's just draft picks are gambles and Porter is a really bad gamble at 6. Might be better at 9 with a team like New York who is sure to be tanking next year with a number one option already in existence and a developmental combo guard.

I hope he does go there. 

Man I can't wait for this draft to be over.