2018 NBA Draft Thread

5 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

The more I've watched him play the more I realize these few things:

Gordon is faster

Gordon is stronger

Gordon is more athletic

Gordon is healthier

Gordon handles the ball better. 

MPJ maybe being able to shoot the ball better doesn't trump all those from Gordon. I reckon I'd rather have Sexton than Porter Jr.

Handles the ball better? Not sure. 

Gordon still seems like a deer in headlights half the time he dribbles the ball. He’s improved a ton since his rookie year but he’s still wild when driving. 

Also you fail to mention the overall offensive ability. MPJ can get shots. He shoots over people and can create his own offense. Gordon isn’t there yet. Also I don’t even know why we’re comparing the 2. 

16 hours ago, billy5783 said:

Okay let me specify: it feels like haven’t worked out many guys for our top pick

you're right about that one just young and soon Wendal Carter 

• Upvote 1

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Gordon still seems like a deer in headlights half the time he dribbles the ball. He’s improved a ton since his rookie year but he’s still wild when driving. 

Also you fail to mention the overall offensive ability. MPJ can get shots. He shoots over people and can create his own offense. Gordon isn’t there yet. Also I don’t even know why we’re comparing the 2. 

positional fit

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Kevin Carter is an OLD point guard. I've heard it all now LOL

He's one of the oldest guys in the draft. Turns 23 before the season starts. Few days older than Gordon

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I don't know if I've seen a highlight of Porter taking a guy off the dribble. His highlights are all jumpers and transition buckets. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know if I've seen a highlight of Porter taking a guy off the dribble. His highlights are all jumpers and transition buckets. 

His mid range pull up is so much more fluid than Gordon’s. His jumper looks like Durant to some extent. 

I know he’s damaged goods at this point and we won’t be drafting him at 6 but let’s not act like he doesn’t have game if he’s healthy. 

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Like I said Mitchell is an anomaly. If you want to take a lesson from Mitchell (and oladipo and Brogdon and Gary Harris) it's "bet on athletic two way players with strong work ethic".

Sexton fits this to a “t.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

I’m fine with people not wanting Porter. But in theory we can take a risk at 6. Even if our pick didn’t play in 10 games next year I don’t see why that really matters. Again, not pushing for Porter after this latest news at all—but I disagree we can’t take a risk. We have nothing to lose. If we did draft porter I’d just sit him out next year a la Philly. 

People said the same thing about Embid and even though the jury is still out on him I think the majority of us would be happy if he was in a magic uniform. Philly took a risk on him. They had nothing to lose and neither do we. I’m not just talking about porter I’m talking in general. If Doncic said he wasn’t coming over till 2019 I’d still draft him at 6 and he thrilled. 

We are gonna be trash next year regardless. 

How many games doe Embiid play this year? 
Yes we CAN take the risk but the beauty of this draft is that it is deep enough that we don't HAVE TO take that risk, so why would we want to do that?

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I hope we draft Carter just to see this board melt   :) 

Id still easily take Sexton over young. 

If you think I'd be melting you're wrong. as soon as we pick a guy, I declare him the best player in the draft and a steal at 6. do that every year. except 2016 when Rob Hennigan came to my village and murdered my family. That was not a good day.