Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Hip injury or lumbar nerve impingement?

Yeah those few of us that truly understand back injuries know that he is too much of a risk for the #6 pick!

52 minutes ago, Odin said:

Please no. Thanks.

IMO he is the worst possible pick at #6. I would rather reach than take this chance!

48 minutes ago, Odin said:

I didn't want him to begin with, this just adds to the lack of desire to see him on the Magic.

I personally don't understand the big hype on him. All we've seen is him outplay high school kids that he was much bigger than and very limited college games where he really wasn't anything special. On top of that we are not in a position to risk #6 on a guy that may spend more time on the injury list than playing.

• Like 1

I’m fine with people not wanting Porter. But in theory we can take a risk at 6. Even if our pick didn’t play in 10 games next year I don’t see why that really matters. Again, not pushing for Porter after this latest news at all—but I disagree we can’t take a risk. We have nothing to lose. If we did draft porter I’d just sit him out next year a la Philly. 

People said the same thing about Embid and even though the jury is still out on him I think the majority of us would be happy if he was in a magic uniform. Philly took a risk on him. They had nothing to lose and neither do we. I’m not just talking about porter I’m talking in general. If Doncic said he wasn’t coming over till 2019 I’d still draft him at 6 and he thrilled. 

We are gonna be trash next year regardless. 

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I’m fine with people not wanting Porter. But in theory we can take a risk at 6. Even if our pick didn’t play in 10 games next year I don’t see why that really matters. Again, not pushing for Porter after this latest news at all—but I disagree we can’t take a risk. We have nothing to lose. If we did draft porter I’d just sit him out next year a la Philly. 

People said the same thing about Embid and even though the jury is still out on him I think the majority of us would be happy if he was in a magic uniform. Philly took a risk on him. They had nothing to lose and neither do we. I’m not just talking about porter I’m talking in general. If Doncic said he wasn’t coming over till 2019 I’d still draft him at 6 and he thrilled. 

Honestly, I rather draft a player and see him start right away and Embid was drafted, he would have been traded once he becomes good and that is our Magic tradition! 

59 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Alright yea he’s not going top 5. 

I will trade down with the clippers and take him and Sexton/Okobo/Shai with tuose two picks.. :)

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I will trade down with the clippers and take him and Sexton/Okobo/Shai with tuose two picks.. :)

It would be nice but I do not want to see Magic trade far down though

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Sucks. I was hoping he’d go top 5 and push Bamba to us. We really should just trade up or back at this point. 

Yeah, don't mind someone else grabbing him, but please not us.

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Yeah those few of us that truly understand back injuries know that he is too much of a risk for the #6 pick!

IMO he is the worst possible pick at #6. I would rather reach than take this chance!

I personally don't understand the big hype on him. All we've seen is him outplay high school kids that he was much bigger than and very limited college games where he really wasn't anything special. On top of that we are not in a position to risk #6 on a guy that may spend more time on the injury list than playing.

The more I've watched him play the more I realize these few things:

Gordon is faster

Gordon is stronger

Gordon is more athletic

Gordon is healthier

Gordon handles the ball better. 

MPJ maybe being able to shoot the ball better doesn't trump all those from Gordon. I reckon I'd rather have Sexton than Porter Jr.

55 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

These are all reasons to draft trae. Well done sir. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Going Simons and Carter is interesting. Young unproven athlete plus old low ceiling proven point guard. 

Kevin Carter is an OLD point guard. I've heard it all now LOL