Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

11 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Good read on Trae's defense, or lack of, and how it will get exposed, regardless of how good your team defense is. The O'Connor uses Celtics and Rozier as example and how Cavs still found a way to pick on the weakest link of the top defense in the league. Interesting stuff.

That was good. I really don’t want anything to do with Young. He defeats the purpose of the switching defensive players we’ve been drafting. 

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

A mock draft is meant to show where players are expected to be picked. The draft express guys are really good at that.

Like I said Mitchell is an anomaly. If you want to take a lesson from Mitchell (and oladipo and Brogdon and Gary Harris) it's "bet on athletic two way players with strong work ethic". 

Agreed.  That is who I hope we draft.  

11 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

That was good. I really don’t want anything to do with Young. He defeats the purpose of the switching defensive players we’ve been drafting. 

Double good.  Even though I like Trae a lot you have to bet his offense is that good to make up for his defensive liability.  I say draft big.  Porter or whatever big falsl to us!

21 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Updated ringer mock draft has us taking Bamba Simons and jevon Carter. Porter going 4. Knox going 7. Young going 9

I think I am ok with that. If we can get Bamba at 6, I think we hopefully got value for the pick. JJJ going only one pick higher though would make me a little sad. So close.

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Updated ringer mock draft has us taking Bamba Simons and jevon Carter. Porter going 4. Knox going 7. Young going 9

Bamba + a point guard is a good draft. extra project is icing on the cake, whether that be Simons, Bonga, etc.

It is interesting how Okobo has climbed the draft boards so much in the past month or so. From a good hidden gem in the second round to the ringer now having him go #19.

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

It is interesting how Okobo has climbed the draft boards so much in the past month or so. From a good hidden gem in the second round to the ringer now having him go #19.

I'm glad. It's kind of validating that scouts saw what we saw. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm glad. It's kind of validating that scouts saw what we saw. 

Bamba at 6, trade back into the first for Okobo or Walker. Backflips. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Bamba at 6, trade back into the first for Okobo or Walker. Backflips. 

If it only costs us our two 2nd round picks this year, we should go for it.

Then, spend a couple million, a la GSW getting Bell last year, to still get Simons in the second. (I like the idea of getting a high upside, but risky young player in the second round).

54 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Going Simons and Carter is interesting. Young unproven athlete plus old low ceiling proven point guard. 

That's the type of combo I'm hoping for. Low ceiling with high chance to contribute and a boom or bust type prospect.