Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

29 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Hmmmnmmmmm

Speculation that he may have a promise top 4.

Ayton

Porter/Bagley/Doncic

Bagley/JJJ/Young

Porter/Doncic

Carter/JJJ/Bamba

6. ???? Bamba/Carter/Doncic/Young

4 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Honestly the rankings seem relatively accurate. They were solid last year and I agree with most this year. It will be very interesting to see how those analytic rankings look in the next couple of years. 

AND where's Donovan Mitchell in 2017 rankings?  MIA according to ESPN.   They are guessing like they always do.

39 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Hmmmnmmmmm

I am with you at taking Porter at #6.  But I do not think he will be there but i hope he is.  Workout last week was probably enough that he moved into the top tier (top 7 and probably higher) so why have another workout this week.  Medically I have read that his surgery takes a full year for full recovery.  So whoever drafts him will have to be patient.  Good news is that when you do have surgery of this type recovery is highly successful and normally 100%.  He has some stuff to work on (gain weight, work to improve ball handling) but he  is a talented offensive player  (I think the best in this draft) who can shoot and create his own shot.  He would not have to be taught that.  And we need offense.  We will get a good player at #6 but with some my first thought if we draft them is "where are we going to get our points"?

• Upvote 1

Porter at 2 to the Kings is such a Kings pick. In an ideal world they do that. Atlanta becomes obsessed with Trae Young and want to trade back with us. We get Doncic. He becomes a future HOFer and the rest is history. More realistically at least Porter going early would help a guy fall to us at 6.

Sounding more likely that Porter has some interest in the top 5. My bet is that Bamba is the guy to fall to 6 if that’s the case. 

I’d also watch for Atlanta picking Doncic at 3, us taking Young at 6, and then swapping if the rumored Atlanta interest in Young is true. Hopefully the price wouldn’t be too steep for a move like that. 

7 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

AND where's Donovan Mitchell in 2017 rankings?  MIA according to ESPN.   They are guessing like they always do.

Donovan Mitchell isn't a good argument. There's nothing to suggest he was going to be a star. Pitino said he made a mistake not returning to school. 

He only scored 9 points on 3 of 15 shooting against Jacksonville State in the tournament. 

Something clicked between March and June. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Porter at 2 to the Kings is such a Kings pick. In an ideal world they do that. Atlanta becomes obsessed with Trae Young and want to trade back with us. We get Doncic. He becomes a future HOFer and the rest is history. More realistically at least Porter going early would help a guy fall to us at 6.

Yeah. I'd be surprised if they went this route. Just because there's an obvious choice at 2 and you'd have to figure they're sick of looking like idiots. Even if doncic fails nobody would blame them. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. I'd be surprised if they went this route. Just because there's an obvious choice at 2 and you'd have to figure they're sick of looking like idiots. Even if doncic fails nobody would blame them. 

Weren’t there rumblings that Doncic didn’t want to go there? And unlike college players, the possibility of Doncic staying in Europe if he didn’t like the team seems like more of a real option. 

11 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Weren’t there rumblings that Doncic didn’t want to go there? And unlike college players, the possibility of Doncic staying in Europe if he didn’t like the team seems like more of a real option. 

I think that was projection from some people when he said he wasn't sure if he was coming over during the euroleague tournament which was a non-story. 

The more I think about it Porter hasn't had a workout lately. There's nothing for the Kings to get excited about. This screams his agent fluffing his value. 

51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think that was projection from some people when he said he wasn't sure if he was coming over during the euroleague tournament which was a non-story. 

The more I think about it Porter hasn't had a workout lately. There's nothing for the Kings to get excited about. This screams his agent fluffing his value. 

I still think Porter is going top 5. Teams are enamoured with scoring and MPJ has the “unknown” factor as well. Maybe his college tape would have made him the first overall pick. Maybe his college tape would have made him the 10th pick. Either way I feel like he is going top 5. 

I would be fine with this because were than guaranteed 1 of Bamba/Bagley/Jackson/Doncic.

But I must say I just have this weird feeling we’re gonna take some random guy. Like Bridges or Knox. Something out of left field. Maybe if Bamba or Jackson are on the board we wouldn’t but if the top 5 goes as expected I could see it happening.