Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

This is why I hate 6. Why pick Porter if we could trade down and get Knox and Lonnie Walker or Shai or zhaire with the clippers picks

Or Philly and take Sexton or Bridges and divincenzo or Melton

Or see if you can trade 6 for 9 and swap rights next year with the Knicks and get Sexton and significantly increase our top 3 odds.

54 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Sometimes swinging for the fences is bad though. Especially when it's the fourth inning and we have guys on first and second and a double could bring in the runners. 

Do we really have that though?

Just now, Jason Funderburker said:

I don't know it's not my most well thought out metaphor. 

Like Golden State is top of the 9th pitching up 5 with nobody on base. 

I don't know what that makes us

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

People just looking for clicks. Can’t have the same top 3 every mock. Doncic will go top 3 his absolute floor is 4 to Memphis. 

I’m starting to settle in thinking we’ll be drafting Bamba or Porter. 

Im starting to lean more towards Porter. I know not everyone loves him but he’s our best shot at a star and at 6, why not? 

I'd take porter over Bamba and Carter

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'd only be cool with taking Porter if the top 5 went like this, in any order:

Ayton, Doncic, Young, Bamba, JJJ

If Bagley is there at 6, a guy that some say has the highest upside of any prospect since Anthony Davis or Ben Simmons, how do you pass that up for Porter and his spinal disc injury?  

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If Bagley is there at 6, a guy that some say has the highest upside of any prospect since Anthony Davis or Ben Simmons, how do you pass that up for Porter and his spinal disc injury?  

I didn't say I'd do it, I just wouldn't be mad if the team went that route. If we took Porter over any of my top 5, I'd be pissed

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I honestly find it hard to gauge where this team is at. We did have a lot of injury problems to key players last year and we keep changing coaches. The one constant is the Vuc doesn't fit what a 5 needs to be in today's league and AG seems to be getting better. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine. I don't think Trae Young will actually be any good but I want us to take a chance on him anyway. Either that or trade down. Or both. 

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Yea we are far far away from a double bringing in the runners. 

I actually like that metaphor just not in this instance. 

I was never the biggest porter guy but I think us being so far away is why I wouldn’t mind swinging for the fences with Porter. This obviously assuming everything medical comes back clear. 

I agree that picking at 6 does indeed suck this year—all the more reason to swing big on Porter. 

I also don’t think we can just assume he’ll be there. 

1 minute ago, jec said:

I honestly find it hard to gauge where this team is at. We did have a lot of injury problems to key players last year and we keep changing coaches. The one constant is the Vuc doesn't fit what a 5 needs to be in today's league and AG seems to be getting better. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine. I don't think Trae Young will actually be any good but I want us to take a chance on him anyway. Either that or trade down. Or both. 

This team is bad. That’s where they’re at. Even if fully healthy it’s a 35 win roster and that’s best case. 

We’re about to hitch our wagon to AG so let’s hope he develops quite a bit. Other than that we’re already bogged down with awful contracts so being bad doesn’t really matter. We have to get Biz off the books, trade Vuch and Fournier then see where we’re at with some of these younger players. 

I really think we need to get back into the middle of the first and go after a Lonne Walker or Shia. We need to get 2 good prospects out of this draft because we’ll probably pick like 10-12 next year if we’re healthy. 

I’d utilize any and all pieces to come away with 2 players in the first round this year. 

36 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

According to the analytics guys at ESPN, Young has the highest bust potential out of the top 15 at 23%. Meanwhile, they rank Bagley at 1, Doncic at 2, Ayton at 3, Jackson at 4, Mikal Bridges at 5, and Bamba at 6.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23771351/espn-draft-analytics-model-makes-nba-draft-projections

Yada yada yada.  How was fultz in that prediction last year.