Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

33 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's such a bad team building philosophy. I'd rather just draft young at 6 and not completely destroy our next 3 years if he sucks. 

If the guy Orlando drafts at 6 this year is awful, how good are the next 3 years going to be anyway? This team is hitched to the development of Gordon (assuming he is resigned) and Issac.  Those two are going to REALLY need to develop if they are going to overcome a Hezonja (no production in the first three years) type pick here.  

39 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If the guy Orlando drafts at 6 this year is awful, how good are the next 3 years going to be anyway? This team is hitched to the development of Gordon (assuming he is resigned) and Issac.  Those two are going to REALLY need to develop if they are going to overcome a Hezonja (no production in the first three years) type pick here.  

No. If this draft pick us awful we have the next 2 years of draft picks that might also help and an avenue to significant cap space next summer. We can pivot. We have options. 

15 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'd trade our unprotected 2019 and our 2 seconds for a top 5 in this year's draft.

I would not do that because Magic has a good chance of getting a good player at #6 

36 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I would not do that because Magic has a good chance of getting a good player at #6 

Why not get a good player at #6 AND grab 1 of the top 5 as well? Bird in the hand philosophy, personally I think the top of this draft is the best we will see for quite some time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Why not get a good player at #6 AND grab 1 of the top 5 as well? Bird in the hand philosophy, personally I think the top of this draft is the best we will see for quite some time.

I would not do that because we could end up getting 2 busts in the top 6 which would be bad

24 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Would you trade 6 to Dallas for an unprotected 2019 pick and two seconds?

5 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Why is Doncic dropping like fireflies? Could he drop to 6th? 

People just looking for clicks. Can’t have the same top 3 every mock. Doncic will go top 3 his absolute floor is 4 to Memphis. 

I’m starting to settle in thinking we’ll be drafting Bamba or Porter. 

Im starting to lean more towards Porter. I know not everyone loves him but he’s our best shot at a star and at 6, why not? 

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

People just looking for clicks. Can’t have the same top 3 every mock. Doncic will go top 3 his absolute floor is 4 to Memphis. 

I’m starting to settle in thinking we’ll be drafting Bamba or Porter. 

Im starting to lean more towards Porter. I know not everyone loves him but he’s our best shot at a star and at 6, why not? 

I think Porter gets hype because he had to make very difficult shots in high school. 

And he had to take very difficult shots in high school because he's got issues beating smaller players off the dribble. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I think Porter gets hype because he had to make very difficult shots in high school. 

And he had to take very difficult shots in high school because he's got issues beating smaller players off the dribble. 

With his size though he will be able to shoot over most players regardless like KD does (to an extent). 

14 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Why is Doncic dropping like fireflies? Could he drop to 6th? 

We are watching the draft now? You can not know if Doncic is dropping like fireflies until the draft