Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Why? There's nothing predictive about that. 

I’m just stunned that paid professionals were that bad in their scouting. 

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m just stunned that paid professionals were that bad in their scouting. 

Happens every year in every sport. Makes you wonder how they get those jobs. I really feel like some professional scouts and decision makers look at mock drafts and actually make decisions off of them. 

5 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Narratives are generally dumb and the whole “nba is going away from bigs” is dumb too. Idc what era it is, if your 7 foot, athletic and have some sort of jumper a team is gonna draft you high. I think the bigs like Jahil Okafor (big, but slow and bad athletes) are getting phased out of the game but Ayton, Bamba, JJJ are all elite athletes with enough raw talent to always have a place. The nba isn’t going away from bigs, it’s just featuring a new type of big. 

Good post because this year is nothing like 2011.  These bigs this year come with a pedigree including Bagley, considered the #1 player in his high school class...not #1 big man...#1 player.  And Bagley was the best player on a team that included Carter who many predict will be our pick at #6.  Unique year with a group of elite big men unlike any other year I can remember.  I consider Doncic and Porter in that big category because they are big at the position they will play.  These bigs have been in top 5 or 6 of this draft all year long.  No surprises this year.  These bigs are flat out good players.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, J-Mac said:

I know it doesn't mean anything since we didn't workout Issac last yr, but have we even worked out a big man yet?

Not yet but we have Carter scheduled soon. 

11 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'd trade our unprotected 2019 and our 2 seconds for a top 5 in this year's draft.

I'd trade everything except 6 & Isaac to get another high lotto pick, if there was a chance we walk away with Mo/JJJ & Trae. Even ownership stake; some annual disney passes, and a key to the city of Orlando. I'd even go unprotected 2019, pick swap in 2020, and protected 2021 pick. Memphis would bite; I'd take Parson off their hands too.

2019 pick + 2020 pick swap + OKC pick + Augustin  + Fournier (or Augustin, Simmons, Ross)

for

2018 #4 + Parsons

Trae/Mack

Ross/Simmons

Mario/Parsons

AG/Isaac

Bamba/Vuc/Biz/Birch

Trade Vuc + pieces for upgrades where you see fit.

48 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I'd trade everything except 6 & Isaac to get another high lotto pick, if there was a chance we walk away with Mo/JJJ & Trae. Even ownership stake; some annual disney passes, and a key to the city of Orlando. I'd even go unprotected 2019, pick swap in 2020, and protected 2021 pick. Memphis would bite; I'd take Parson off their hands too.

2019 pick + 2020 pick swap + OKC pick + Augustin  + Fournier (or Augustin, Simmons, Ross)

for

2018 #4 + Parsons

Trae/Mack

Ross/Simmons

Mario/Parsons

AG/Isaac

Bamba/Vuc/Biz/Birch

Trade Vuc + pieces for upgrades where you see fit.

If we waived Mack we'd still be like 10 million over the luxury tax for 11 players.

All to get a point guard who might not even be a starter

Edit: actually I did the actual math and we'd be right at the luxury tax. Doesn't change the fact it's a bad trade idea

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If we waived Mack we'd still be like 10 million over the luxury tax for 11 players.

All to get a point guard who might not even be a starter

Edit: actually I did the actual math and we'd be right at the luxury tax. Doesn't change the fact it's a bad trade idea

but if he does blossom, Orl is set.

Of course it's a big gamble, cap crippling, but scared money don't make money, lol. 

Parsons also comes off the books the same time as Biz so as long as we don't pay tax in next 2 years, I think it's a decent gamble. 

Just now, Nyce_1 said:

but if he does blossom, Orl is set.

Of course it's a big gamble, cap crippling, but scared money don't make money, lol.

That's such a bad team building philosophy. I'd rather just draft young at 6 and not completely destroy our next 3 years if he sucks.