Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Not going with a big dream will be Doncic and Young or Okobo. Sign Mario and somehow sign Noel as well. 

Young

Doncic

Isaac/Mario

AG

Noel

More realistic  Dream: Bamba/JJJ/Carter and Okobo

Okobo

Fournier

Isaac

AG

Bamba

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Not going with a big dream will be Doncic and Young or Okobo. Sign Mario and somehow sign Noel as well. 

Young

Doncic

Isaac/Mario

AG

Noel

More realistic  Dream: Bamba/JJJ/Carter and Okobo

Okobo

Fournier

Isaac

AG

Bamba

Ages ago I said that Doncic and Young together would be really intriguing and I still believe that. 2 offensive savants.

Maybe they'd hate playing with each other, or maybe not

would anyone trade 6 for Josh Jackson and Phoenix 2019 unprotected? If I'm considering letting Gordon walk I think you have to entertain the offer. that'd likely give us 2 lotteries to move up into top 3 next year if we don't win the lottery with either pick.

11 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

would anyone trade 6 for Josh Jackson and Phoenix 2019 unprotected? If I'm considering letting Gordon walk I think you have to entertain the offer. that'd likely give us 2 lotteries to move up into top 3 next year if we don't win the lottery with either pick.

I would but idk why Phx would do that. 

13 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Hell nah

14 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Will you trade Young for Jackson and a future first?

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Hell nah

Josh Jackson and 2019 Phx first round unprotected for 6? I’d for sure do that. That’s essentially 2 top 5 picks for number 6 this year. 

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

But is 5 in 7 dramatically different than 4 in 7 in 2015?

I don't think the NBA is moving away from bigs I think the NBA is no longer giving the benefit of the doubt to tall stiffs. 

Post ups are just big man isolations so you need bigs that don't rely on that or can score efficiently enough from the post that they're outliers. 

What I’m saying is that if you aren’t getting a unicorn, which I believe are still rare, all you need is a big to defend those rare players. I think we’ve seen some examples of those capable defender guys going later in drafts that can do the job, so it seems unwise to use a high pick to fill what I believe is increasingly becoming a situational need/position. 

11 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

It’s not some crazy future pick that would never come to fruition. Unprotected 2019 PHX pick would be top 7 for sure maybe higher. 

We would have 2 picks in the top 10 next year. Sign me up. 

35 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think I would especially if they threw in that other first rounder they have this year and get Okobo. 

25 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It’s not some crazy future pick that would never come to fruition. Unprotected 2019 PHX pick would be top 7 for sure maybe higher. 

We would have 2 picks in the top 10 next year. Sign me up. 

exactly and I think those two could be packaged to move into top 3 if neither wins the lottery.