Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That would be a fantastic player. I'm not sure if his floor is that high. Bell is quite agile all over the court

And Jackson is probably the most agile big man in this draft. 

38 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

The last time 5 big guys went top 7 in the draft was 2011

2 - Derrick Williams

3 - Enes Kanter

4 - Tristan Thompson

5 - Jonas Valanciunas

6 - Jan Vesely

7 - Bismack Biyombo

Kemba, Klay, Kawhi, Butler, and IT were all picked later

Wow, that’s scary

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Why? There's nothing predictive about that. 

Nothing predictive - but wild to think that there could be another run of bigs at the top of a draft in an era where the narrative is teams moving away from a reliance on big men. I'm not suggesting that every player shouldn't be evaluated in their own right.

7 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Nothing predictive - but wild to think that there could be another run of bigs at the top of a draft in an era where the narrative is teams moving away from a reliance on big men.

Agreed

3 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Nothing predictive - but wild to think that there could be another run of bigs at the top of a draft in an era where the narrative is teams moving away from a reliance on big men. I'm not suggesting that every player shouldn't be evaluated in their own right.

Narratives are generally dumb and the whole “nba is going away from bigs” is dumb too. Idc what era it is, if your 7 foot, athletic and have some sort of jumper a team is gonna draft you high. I think the bigs like Jahil Okafor (big, but slow and bad athletes) are getting phased out of the game but Ayton, Bamba, JJJ are all elite athletes with enough raw talent to always have a place. The nba isn’t going away from bigs, it’s just featuring a new type of big. 

I really want Lonnie Walker. Whoever we draft at 6, it we could trade back into the mid first and grab Walker I might get my season tickets back. 

Bamba amd Walker would be a franchise changing haul. Or for the Young crowd pair him him with Walker. Or for me Carter and Walker. 

You can build around 2 of the above with Issac and most likely AG. 

41 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

But is 5 in 7 dramatically different than 4 in 7 in 2015?

I don't think the NBA is moving away from bigs I think the NBA is no longer giving the benefit of the doubt to tall stiffs. 

Post ups are just big man isolations so you need bigs that don't rely on that or can score efficiently enough from the post that they're outliers.