Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

8 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Just going by math and history, it's likely that at least one of Ayton, JJJ, Bamba, Bagley or Carter will be a complete bust, right? Wonder who it'll be

My vote is jjj or bagley. Bagley has no right hand at all and is a very low energy guy on d. jjj is an unknown has gone invisible on the court quite a bit. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Its a link my dude. Look inside for the voting.

ah I see, I hate how people kept writing in names instead of upvoting what was already there. Either way, Doncic, Bamba, Young, Porter/Carter seems to be the order I've seen.

10 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Just going by math and history, it's likely that at least one of Ayton, JJJ, Bamba, Bagley or Carter will be a complete bust, right? Wonder who it'll be

It's likely half of them are going to be worse than anticipated

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The last time 5 big guys went top 7 in the draft was 2011

2 - Derrick Williams

3 - Enes Kanter

4 - Tristan Thompson

5 - Jonas Valanciunas

6 - Jan Vesely

7 - Bismack Biyombo

Kemba, Klay, Kawhi, Butler, and IT were all picked later

I think the safest bet of all those is weirdly Carter.  I think Ayton will be an Andre Drummond type player, with better offense and worse defense, but not exactly All-NBA.

JJJ and Bamba are boom or bust imo. I could see them as amazing or unplayable.

Bagley will be a good stats bad team guy.

--

Let's see how these predictions hold up :D

14 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think the safest bet of all those is weirdly Carter.  I think Ayton will be an Andre Drummond type player, with better offense and worse defense, but not exactly All-NBA.

--

If Jackson ends up as unplayable (assuming no debilitating injuries) I'll burn my Lewis Jersey

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If Jackson ends up as unplayable (assuming no debilitating injuries) I'll burn my Lewis Jersey

I think he's the most intriguing player in the draft, even more than Bamba. JJJ is huge. Not just the wingspan, but he's a tank. Almost as physically impressive as Ayton, but with real defensive upside.

Big guys are weird, though. Sometimes they don't develop an offensive game or don't have the smarts to go with their physical tools

28 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

--

I like all these predictions, what's your precaution for Young?

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think he's the most intriguing player in the draft, even more than Bamba. JJJ is huge. Not just the wingspan, but he's a tank. Almost as physically impressive as Ayton, but with real defensive upside.

Big guys are weird, though. Sometimes they don't develop an offensive game or don't have the smarts to go with their physical tools

Yeah but like worst case scenario he's still like Jordan Bell with a three point shot. 

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

I like all these predictions, what's your precaution for Young?

I think Young's floor is higher than some people think. I think his worst case scenario is a DJ Augustin with much better basketball IQ

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but like worst case scenario he's still like Jordan Bell with a three point shot. 

That would be a fantastic player. I'm not sure if his floor is that high. Bell is quite agile all over the court