Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

44 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It’s unfortunate we’re picking 6 considering how bad of a year it was and also how we were too 3 the majority of the year. 

I was over the disappointment but when you see how this draft is shaking up it sucks we couldn’t be top 3. Just a major blown opprotunity. Even being 5th would be a big difference. 

Now we’re taking about trading up to get a great player or trading back because there’s no player worth it at 6. Not ideal. 

Think of it this way: we weren't supposed to be this bad this year. The amount of games lost, due to injury, is crazy high. Without those injuries, we're 38 wins and picking....12th? So, whoever we get at 6, is a blessing, and higher potential than who we would've picked at 12th.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Think of it this way: we weren't supposed to be this bad this year. The amount of games lost, due to injury, is crazy high. Without those injuries, we're 38 wins and picking....12th? So, whoever we get at 6, is a blessing, and higher potential than who we would've picked at 12th.

yeah if we were picking 12th we'd probably just pick Kevin Knox. how great would that feel?

5 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

non Young takers are the vocal minority. Check realgm, Reddit, and draft mocks around the internet, it's overwhelmingly in favor of Young.

Bamba > Young

I remember a time long ago when everyone was excited about signing or trading for Javaris Crittendon (how ever you spell it) back when the Magic were contenders. I see everyone excited about getting Bamba or somebody else but all I know, whoever they pick needs to be the right pick. Javaris would have been a bad acquisition. Hopefully these guys you all hope they draft are the correct pick.

1 minute ago, My 5th Rebuild said:

I remember a time long ago when everyone was excited about signing or trading for Javaris Crittendon (how ever you spell it) back when the Magic were contenders. I see everyone excited about getting Bamba or somebody else but all I know, whoever they pick needs to be the right pick. Javaris would have been a bad acquisition. Hopefully these guys you all hope they draft are the correct pick.

I have full faith that whoever we pick will be a good pick. we may not swing for the fences but well at least be in the game

So. I guess its time to pay attention to this thread which i haven't ever posted in because I don't care who we drafted.  Most of all the front the corporate slogan:  

Image result for you have no power here\

If the Magic screw this up, they were the one in power in they have responsibility.  So...who is our front runner because I haven't remotely any research on this.  Who is the top prospect? Our draft position?  lol

15 minutes ago, My 5th Rebuild said:

The Crittenton stuff came from jameer getting torched by billups. 

We never would have wanted him today. Draft research has exploded over the past 11 years. His attitude issues would have leaked more. Imagine if he had a Facebook or Twitter account back then. 

32 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

So. I guess its time to pay attention to this thread which i haven't ever posted in because I don't care who we drafted.  Most of all the front the corporate slogan:  

Image result for you have no power here\

If the Magic screw this up, they were the one in power in they have responsibility.  So...who is our front runner because I haven't remotely any research on this.  Who is the top prospect? Our draft position?  lol

are you serious, you don't know our draft position? That takes some self control man!

we are picking 6th. Most people on here want Doncic, Bamba, Young, and you can swap Cater or Porter for the final place. 

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

that blank looks more like a blank than a Bamba

Its a link my dude. Look inside for the voting.

17 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Its a link my dude. Look inside for the voting.

Looks pretty split between Bamba and Young on that post. Certainly not overwhelmingly for Young, but Young supporters don't appear to be a vocal minority in that post either. 

7 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Looks pretty split between Bamba and Young on that post. Certainly not overwhelmingly for Young, but Young supporters don't appear to be a vocal minority in that post either. 

87 votes Bamba, 65 Trae.