Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

47 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea to me Bagley at 6 is a great pick. 

Bagley/Doncic/JJJ/Bamba/Ayton would all be great picks. 

I personally like Carter about as much if not more than Bamba but it’s not a “great” pick because he’s not projected to go before our pick. I’m coming around more to Bamba though. 

I maintain if Bamba is on the board Hammond won’t be able to get the pick in soon enough and we might see a backflip in the war room. 

I can't even do a backflip but I would try if we got Bamba at #6.

So if ATL is truly enamored with Young and Boston is salivating at the thought of acquiring Bamba. What about trading our sixth pick for their third pick, use the third pick to trade with Boston, if Bamba isn't taken, to snag Brown and whatever assets they have. Granted this is a rough idea and I'm sure there would be some factors to take into consideration, for example, Schroeder would be in the mix because he's voiced his displeasure with being on a lottery team during his prime and I figured Brown is the odd man out to sweeten the pot for Boston. 

39 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Me too I want doncic 

Exactly. I see Luka being a Hayward type player and the surest pick in the draft. His skillset and experience would be great for this team.

It’s unfortunate we’re picking 6 considering how bad of a year it was and also how we were too 3 the majority of the year. 

I was over the disappointment but when you see how this draft is shaking up it sucks we couldn’t be top 3. Just a major blown opprotunity. Even being 5th would be a big difference. 

Now we’re taking about trading up to get a great player or trading back because there’s no player worth it at 6. Not ideal. 

Givony: The star power is unique. I can't remember another year that had such a big cluster at the top. Usually there's one, two, maybe three players that make up an elite tier, and there's a drop-off after that. 

This year, there's really no consensus at all about how the top six picks break down. You can even throw Wendell Carter Jr. or Trae Young into that mix, because some teams I talk to consider them to be top-three caliber prospects.”

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23765414/2018-nba-draft-best-player-go-no-1-overall

27 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

So if ATL is truly enamored with Young and Boston is salivating at the thought of acquiring Bamba. What about trading our sixth pick for their third pick, use the third pick to trade with Boston, if Bamba isn't taken, to snag Brown and whatever assets they have. Granted this is a rough idea and I'm sure there would be some factors to take into consideration, for example, Schroeder would be in the mix because he's voiced his displeasure with being on a lottery team during his prime and I figured Brown is the odd man out to sweeten the pot for Boston. 

not sure if people have traded for a pick then traded that pick again in the same 9 days

28 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It’s unfortunate we’re picking 6 considering how bad of a year it was and also how we were too 3 the majority of the year. 

I was over the disappointment but when you see how this draft is shaking up it sucks we couldn’t be top 3. Just a major blown opprotunity. Even being 5th would be a big difference. 

Now we’re taking about trading up to get a great player or trading back because there’s no player worth it at 6. Not ideal. 

Dude, if we get Trae Young, he'll dry your tears.

If we draft Trae, he'll quiet your fears.

If we draft Trae, all cheers will be sung.

We'll be relevant again, if we draft Trae Young.

-Magicfan1987

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Exactly. I see Luka being a Hayward type player and the surest pick in the draft. His skillset and experience would be great for this team.

is Hayward that good of a passer?

5 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

not sure if people have traded for a pick then traded that pick again in the same 9 days

There's probably a more logistical way of going about it, just a rough idea.