Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Whose the great pick at 6 then? 

There isn't one. Which is why people are interested in trading up or down. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Most people on on here would probably argue Young is the great pick at 6. 

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Unless a player from this group of 4 falls- Ayton, Doncic, JJJ, Bamba.

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think that's a vocal minority

Even though he is not my favority, I still think Young is a good pick at 6. 

GREAT picks at 6: Ayton, Doncic, Bamba, JJJ

Good Picks at 6: Bagley and Young

Decent picks at 6: Carter, Mikal, MPJ

42 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think that's a vocal minority

non Young takers are the vocal minority. Check realgm, Reddit, and draft mocks around the internet, it's overwhelmingly in favor of Young.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

non Young takers are the vocal minority. Check realgm, Reddit, and draft mocks around the internet, it's overwhelmingly in favor of Young.

This^ 

hey it’s page 420. Smokem if u got em!!!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Count me as a Young taker but I am still a Porter taker first.  That assumes Ayton, Doncic, Bamba, and JJJ are gone.  I still solve center first if possible and take Doncic over everyone. In addition to above mock drafts Phoenix's and Atlanta's reported interest in Young speaks volumes (and Phoenix would not want him at #1 but they would want Ayton AND Trae (with a trade)).   I think the silence about his workout here is intentional (especially the way leaking occurs these days) because it was a  good workout.  Excited for draft day to get  herer to get some answers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Even though he is not my favority, I still think Young is a good pick at 6. 

GREAT picks at 6: Ayton, Doncic, Bamba, JJJ

Good Picks at 6: Bagley and Young

Decent picks at 6: Carter, Mikal, MPJ

The greatest pick for Orlando at 6 in this draft, in my opinion, is Bagley.  If your future front line is Gordon 6-9, Isaac 6-10, and Bagley 6-11, all of whom can shoot the 3, pass and handle the ball you have match-up nightmares for opponents.  I don't worry much about Bagley's defense because he is athletic and long.  In addition, when you have the ability to switch Gordon, Isaac and Bagley he can largely be hidden.

But... I doubt seriously that Bagley falls to 6.   Assuming the Magic are sitting at 6 looking at one of Young, Carter, MPJ, Mikal, Sexton, Knox or SGA, I'd be real tempted to see what Philly, NY, Cleveland, Chicago, and even Charlotte and LAC were willing to give up to get the guy they want out of that group.  I'm not convinced that Young is a better player long term than anyone else on that list.

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The greatest pick for Orlando at 6 in this draft, in my opinion, is Bagley.  If your future front line is Gordon 6-9, Isaac 6-10, and Bagley 6-11, all of whom can shoot the 3, pass and handle the ball you have match-up nightmares for opponents.  I don't worry much about Bagley's defense because he is athletic and long.  In addition, when you have the ability to switch Gordon, Isaac and Bagley he can largely be hidden.

But... I doubt seriously that Bagley falls to 6.   Assuming the Magic are sitting at 6 looking at one of Young, Carter, MPJ, Mikal, Sexton, Knox or SGA, I'd be real tempted to see what Philly, NY, Cleveland, Chicago, and even Charlotte and LAC were willing to give up to get the guy they want out of that group.  I'm not convinced that Young is a better player long term than anyone else on that list.

Yea to me Bagley at 6 is a great pick. 

Bagley/Doncic/JJJ/Bamba/Ayton would all be great picks. 

I personally like Carter about as much if not more than Bamba but it’s not a “great” pick because he’s not projected to go before our pick. I’m coming around more to Bamba though. 

I maintain if Bamba is on the board Hammond won’t be able to get the pick in soon enough and we might see a backflip in the war room.