Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

10 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

as do I it's a really hard choice.

Did you know they played on the same AAU team?

I thought that was encouraging for our wings if we did draft Trae.

Yeah I saw some video.  Speaking volumes that both Atlanta and Phoenix like Trae.  Bulls and Clippers praying for Porter to drop.   Lots of smokescreens and outright lying starting to emerge.  Absolutely riveting, intriquing draft.  If Trae's workout last Thursday was great and I think lack of info is a good indicator that it was then he is likely to be our pick.  Can't wait for HeLove Trae and TraeYoung4thewin's posts if it occurs.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I have a feeling we're going to end up with Wendell Carter which is fine but we're just a couple picks away from special

Story of the rebuild. 

I’m all for Carter though. I actually just want Carter or Bamba at this point assuming no dream scenarios where a guy like JJJ falls. 

• Like 1

I think the Atlanta pick is where we need to focus our attention and where the draft becomes the most intriguing. Hypothetically if Atl covets Young (and I'm not sure that they do but lets pretend) it makes sense for them to move down and gain future assets. Our pick is right where the start of Trae Young window opens so again, hypothetically, we would be the team that would be the most ripe to make a deal with. #3 would likely give us the choice between two of Bamba, JJJ, or Doncic and then we focus on moving back into the first round for a player like Sexton, SGA, or Okobo depending on how high up we can get. If you think about our front office they've really not done anything yet, aside from fire/hire a coach, not extend Mario, and punt on a late first round pick. It's time for them to aggressively put their stamp on this team and a scenario like this seems possible at the very least.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

World Cup in 3 days, NBA Draft in 10 days. Great time for a nerd like me

Looking forward! 

I will be in Europe for the next Several weeks! Maybe I will do some last minute scouting!! Along Barcelona, France, Italy and UK. Will see how it goes!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

World Cup in 3 days, NBA Draft in 10 days. Great time for a nerd like me

Deutscher Fussbal-Bund 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Looking forward! 

I will be in Europe for the next Several weeks! Maybe I will do some last minute scouting!! Along Barcelona, France, Italy and UK. Will see how it goes!

I looove Spain (the Country, not the Football team). Might go there in a few weeks as well

15 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Deutscher Fussbal-Bund 

They've had enough winning. This World Cup will go to someone else

Final piece of the puzzle just reported by Bleacher Report per Jonathon Givony and NBC sports--Doncic will NOT withdraw his name from 2018 draft.  So he is in and the let the fun/speculation begin.  I am pumped!

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I have a feeling we're going to end up with Wendell Carter which is fine but we're just a couple picks away from special

You mean a couple of meaningless wins away from special.

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

You mean a couple of meaningless wins away from special.

No, actually we were a couple meaningless losses away from the second pick

• Upvote 1