Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

10 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Why would Suns want Trae if they just traded for Payton?

Why would the Celtics want LeBron if they just traded for Markieff Morris?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just saw something interesting as I looked at team salaries.  All teams spending less than $100,00,000 in salaries including us (with the exception of the Pacers) are in the lottery, most at the top of the lottery.  Only way good teams avoid going over or getting near the luxury tax is with significant contribution of players on rookie wage scale.  And Warriers and Cavs (coincidentally in the Finals) have the highest payrolls.  Good news is we will have players on that rookie wage scale.  Bad news is we are a year or two away from paying for a good player in FA.  Moral of the story--to be good you have to pay and have good players.  

15 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

No one would hold you to the tai chi education, being a better Dad is good (and rewarding) enough.  My dad took the time to encourage me to be a caddy (earn money) and I fell in  love with the game of golf which we played together and he took me and my brothers to NBA games (3-4 a year) facilitating ,y love for basketball.  Two great gifts from my dad.  Now how do we ensure you become a better Dad.  Obviously take Trae at pick 6.  Then get on the phone with Philly and get that 10th pick convincing them, enticing them to save that money for LBJ.  Once that is done may have to talk to the Cavs and Knicks (offer a 2nd rounder this or in future years) not to draft Mikal.  Easy Peasy!!!  I do approve of this message and I would not put money on it happening but it is a plan.

your dad sounds awesome.

I think the first step in being a good Dad is wanting to be a good Dad. You're not gonna get everything perfect all the time but trying to get better everyday is something to strive for. I generally try to hold to that principle in all of life. 

Except for on here, you guys aren't getting anything better than Trae Young bias until after the draft LOL

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

The one from a few days ago? Yeah, has us taking Carter. 

Not his mock draft. His rankings, which are different. I’ll post them below.

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Givony’s latest rankings:

1. Ayton

2. Doncic

3. Bamba

4. Jackson

5. Bagley 

6. Carter

7. Porter 

8. Young

9. Knox

10. SGA

11. Sexton

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/21307077/nba-draft-rankings-espn-top-100-prospects-2018

Bamba at 3.

Top 5 will be Bagely/Ayton/JJJ/Doncic/Bamba in some order which is worse case IMO for us. It’s carter or young with Porter being the darkhorse. It’s not really worse case it’s just what’s expected I should say. 

3 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Bamba at 3.

Top 5 will be Bagely/Ayton/JJJ/Doncic/Bamba in some order which is worse case IMO for us. It’s carter or young with Porter being the darkhorse. It’s not really worse case it’s just what’s expected I should say. 

honestly anyone of young porter or Carter I'd be down with. I'd almost prefer Mikal over Carter though