Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Some are not paying attention haha JOKING

I lost trust for Clifford. White socks and sandals guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Notguilty said:

2 out of 8 paying attention - NO JOKE!!!!

To be fair he’s shooting a free throw and a picture captures a split second of time. 

At this point, I think I'm settled on wanting Carter. I know he doesn't have the ceiling (supposedly) that some of these other guys do, but I don't trust any of these other guys. Carter reminds me of Al Horford in a lot of ways, which I love. I just think with Carter the center position is taken care of for sure. He's either going to be a solid starter or a borderline All-Star, or somewhere in between. There's virtually no chance he's a bust, offensively or defensively. That's a really good pick at 6. Sure, Young could be great. But he's most likely going to be a better passing DJ Augustine. Sure, Porter could be great. But between the injury and not looking particularly good in the tiny bit we got to see him in college, I'm uncomfortable with the pick. Bamba may turn out to be Gobert no. 2, or he could be Cauley-Stein (solid, but nothing spectacular in any way, borderline starter). JJJ I'm not convinced can play center, and I'm not convinced he'll put it all together; he really looked lost sometimes at MSU. I'll be okay with any of these picks, but right now I'm on the Carter train. Unless we can get Doncic somehow. I don't know why people have him falling, but dude is exactly what we need.

I posted this on Twitter but I'll say it here too. If the magic end up drafting Trae I'll be encouraged because it means Trae made a significant impression. He'd have to make a significant impression for a Management group to completely abandon their rebuilding plan in year two and totally switch gears. Because it's absolutely moronic for a team to base every long term roster decision on multi positional defending and switchability and then completely trash that plan by spending a significant asset on the exact opposite of that unless you're so confident he's going to be an all NBA type player that it's necessary. 

I don't think Weltman and Hammond are incompetent idiots so I'd have to acknowledge that I missed something with trae

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I posted this on Twitter but I'll say it here too. If the magic end up drafting Trae I'll be encouraged because it means Trae made a significant impression. He'd have to make a significant impression for a Management group to completely abandon their rebuilding plan in year two and totally switch gears. Because it's absolutely moronic for a team to base every long term roster decision on multi positional defending and switchability and then completely trash that plan by spending a significant asset on the exact opposite of that unless you're so confident he's going to be an all NBA type player that it's necessary. 

I don't think Weltman and Hammond are incompetent idiots so I'd have to acknowledge that I missed something with trae

But what exactly did the bucks win with that game plan?  At some point you have score the ball and have a go to player to do that. 

15 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

But what exactly did the bucks win with that game plan?  At some point you have score the ball and have a go to player to do that. 

It's like year 2 of that bucks plan I don't see why you'd already abandon it. Especially given their coaching issues

Gordon had a 20 game run of 19.3ppg on 52/44/75 splits. Ross, Simmons, Fournier (or the guy you trade him for) should be able to score in the mid teens. Augustin, Isaac, this pick (be it Bamba, Jackson, Carter, Bridges, Sexton, sga) should be able to hit double figures. 

You can win games with scoring by committee and great defense. It's not like I'm advocating for a defense only Roberson lineup.