Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Is the logic flawed, possibly, however we still do not have answer to the slow death that we have suffered at this position. I understand his defense needs work, but the opposing teams had one mission..... mostly, keep the ball out of this kids hands.

I won't argue about the warts he has, but I think in the right system, he just may be what we need going forward.  

Yeah but you're trying to solve all issues in one draft when you don't have to. You're hoping Trae is the answer so you're being more forgiving. This won't be the last chance to get a point guard. We need 5 starters for the future. We have maybe 2. Just try to find the next future starter and it helps you going forward. And that might be Trae. But I think there's likely to be multiple better choices. If you get a third guy you can be more aggressive trying to fill future gaps. 

Instead of Trae I'd much rather just trade back for the clippers picks. I'm much more confident that two of the late lotto guys combined have a better chance of being good than Trae. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but you're trying to solve all issues in one draft when you don't have to. You're hoping Trae is the answer so you're being more forgiving. This won't be the last chance to get a point guard. We need 5 starters for the future. We have maybe 2. Just try to find the next future starter and it helps you going forward. And that might be Trae. But I think there's likely to be multiple better choices. If you get a third guy you can be more aggressive trying to fill future gaps. 

I completely understand this approach, and I don't suggest that you are wrong, however, in establishing our "IDENTITY" and culture of winning, I strongly believe that in this PG star driven league, we may catch lightning in a bottle with this kid.

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Instead of Trae I'd much rather just trade back for the clippers picks. I'm much more confident that two of the late lotto guys combined have a better chance of being good than Trae. 

Who?

3 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Who?

Two of Melton, zhaire, sga, Lonnie Walker, Sexton if he's there, Bridges if he's there, Porter if he's there. 

Trae is a better prospect and any single one of those guys might just be a backup but with two you have a better chance that you hit on one. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Two of Melton, zhaire, sga, Lonnie Walker, Sexton if he's there, Bridges if he's there, Porter if he's there. 

Trae is a better prospect and any single one of those guys might just be a backup but with two you have a better chance that you hit on one. 

I agree with this 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Man... could you imagine giving up 6 and still walking away with Sexton and Porter? That’d be insane 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I can agree with Porter and Sexton, but I guess I am still a little sick over missing on Dennis Smith Jr.

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Man... could you imagine giving up 6 and still walking away with Sexton and Porter? That’d be insane 

I don't think there's any way that happens. Someone always falls and they'd be the candidates. But how often do two guys fall?

I'm super confident that Melton becomes a useful point guard. I just don't know what that really means. 

Like I think there's a good chance he's the best possible version of a point guard for a modern switching defense (in a traditional point guard body). I just don't know what his offense is. He can run an offense. He's unselfish. But like what if he's just rondo? It's that good enough?