Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

46 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So it looks like our choice at 6 will be either. Bamba, Carter, Porter, or Young. Of those four who do you pick?

i pick Trae of course I want a guy who moves the needle. Of the others. I take bamba who will likely be already picked or Porter because of exactly the same reason. He moves the needle. (If healthy) Not sure how he would fit with our roster though.  

If we can find a taker for vuch, we will probably pick Carter. Bleh 

I am not concerned with Porter fitting.  Porter plays point forward or a hybrid 2 with Isaac and Gordon or Isaac, Gordon and Porter play the front court at 6'11", 6'9", and 6'10.5" creating potential nightmare matchups for the opposition.  Porter's health is the key.  If he is at 6 he is Embiid type risk

4 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

but there's no way to definitely know, I think that's what he's getting at.

NO BODY and I mean NO BODY could of known Tatum and Mitchell would look like a star and possibly super star in there very first year. Tatum could be better than Pierce and Mitchell could be the 2nd best guard in Jazz history.

Tatum was my guy. I knew. Quite a few people on here didn’t believe because he wasn’t an explosive enough athlete SMH. Mitchell I had no clue on. 

19 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I am not concerned with Porter fitting.  Porter plays point forward or a hybrid 2 with Isaac and Gordon or Isaac, Gordon and Porter play the front court at 6'11", 6'9", and 6'10.5" creating potential nightmare matchups for the opposition.  Porter's health is the key.  If he is at 6 he is Embiid type risk

Personally I don't see the reward on Porter being anywhere near what was projected for Embiid. There are so many people on his bandwagon because he was able to dominate against much smaller kids in high school and he looked kinda OK in the 2 games he played in the tournament. The health is indeed the key because back injuries have a way of needing more surgeries, rehab time, and also scar tissues causing problems. Any draftee is a risk but why multiply that risk if you don't have to? 

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

We don't know but we can use the stats that matter to guide us in the right direction. Which most of his backers ignore simply based on optimism. Not even something slightly tangible like he improved such and such over the last five games of the season. It's all blind optimism. 

blind optimism about which player?

12 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Tatum was my guy. I knew. Quite a few people on here didn’t believe because he wasn’t an explosive enough athlete SMH. Mitchell I had no clue on. 

yeah, Tatum was that 3rd grader writing perfect cursive while everyone else struggled to get there ps and 9s right

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

always thought If porter could play the 2 we'd rule the wold

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So it looks like our choice at 6 will be either. Bamba, Carter, Porter, or Young. Of those four who do you pick?

i pick Trae of course I want a guy who moves the needle. Of the others. I take bamba who will likely be already picked or Porter because of exactly the same reason. He moves the needle. (If healthy) Not sure how he would fit with our roster though.  

If we can find a taker for vuch, we will probably pick Carter. Bleh 

carte would be a repeat of the Gordon pick as in a guy who we though would be there 5 picks later lol hope not.

give me Trae or Porter and I'm happy. I think the center position has the lowest value these days