Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

We are ALL speculating on all players here. There is not reason to think that one will be more succesfull than the other. Everyone is entitle to their opinion. I think trae will be good. Not necessary a all star but good enough to be at a high level in scoring and assist. His defense is what is likely holding him back. 

But we can say the same thing about Doncic, Ayton, JJJ, Bagley and Bamba. I dont think there is anyone that we can certainly say will be a future all star. 

I like JJJ upside above Ayton and Bagley. I like Bamba defensive presence and work ethics. I like Carter's court vision amd ability to play both sides of the court effectively. 

I like Trae's offensive power,  range and ability to make others better. I like everything about Doncic. I like Malik high IQ and ability to score. I like Porter's size and I am intrigue with his potential. 

But every single player above mentioned has flaws in their game.  We can debate all summer on who is the best player but all we are doing is specultating. I will be ok by selecting any of the above mentioned players. We can make it work. 

My favorite player(outside the top 10) and sleepers in this years draft are, ofcourse OKOBO  but I also can see Kurucs(2nd rounder) and Zhaire becoming very good and talented core players in this league. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

We are ALL speculating on all players here. There is not reason to think that one will be more succesfull than the other. Everyone is entitle to their opinion. I think trae will be good. Not necessary a all star but good enough to be at a high level in scoring and assist. His defense is what is likely holding him back. 

But we can say the same thing about Doncic, Ayton, JJJ, Bagley and Bamba. I dont think there is anyone that we can certainly say will be a future all star. 

I like JJJ upside above Ayton and Bagley. I like Bamba defensive presence and work ethics. I like Carter's court vision amd ability to play both sides of the court effectively. 

I like Trae's offensive power,  range and ability to make others better. I like everything about Doncic. I like Malik high IQ and ability to score. I like Porter's size and I am intrigue with his potential. 

But every single player above mentioned has flaws in their game.  We can debate all summer on who is the best player but all we are doing is specultating. I will be ok by selecting any of the above mentioned players. We can make it work. 

My favorite player(outside the top 10) and sleepers in this years draft are, ofcourse OKOBO  but I also can see Kurucs(2nd rounder) and Zhaire becoming very good and talented core players in this league. 

couldn't agree more

51 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

There is not reason to think that one will be more succesfull than the other.

Yes there is. That's the entire premise that tanking is built upon

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

That draft pick may make me throw up just a little. 

He's talented...but man I just don't trust that injury. My gut says thats another Greg Oden waiting to happen. I hope I'm wrong for the kids sake and the Magic's sake, but yeah...I don't think we can take a risk like that in this draft. If Trae is a big risk already, why would we feel comfortable with MPJ?

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

but there's no way to definitely know, I think that's what he's getting at.

NO BODY and I mean NO BODY could of known Tatum and Mitchell would look like a star and possibly super star in there very first year. Tatum could be better than Pierce and Mitchell could be the 2nd best guard in Jazz history.

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

NO BODY and I mean NO BODY could of known Tatum and Mitchell would look like a star and possibly super star in there very first year. Tatum could be better than Pierce and Mitchell could be the 2nd best guard in Jazz history.

I think Danny Ainge knew. Not Mitchell though. That's an outlier. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I think Danny Ainge knew. Not Mitchell though. That's an outlier. 

exactly, no one knows who will be an outlier or live up beyond their potential

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It is just like gambling with just slightly better odds to hit the lottery. How certain you are that this year #1 pick will be better that  # 3, #4 or even #6?

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

We don't know but we can use the stats that matter to guide us in the right direction. Which most of his backers ignore simply based on optimism. Not even something slightly tangible like he improved such and such over the last five games of the season. It's all blind optimism. 

6 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

My new favorite site.  Actually just putting my trust in our new FO for this draft.  I hope their evaluation and draft pick are spot on.  And really interested to see what moves they may make.  My thought is they will try to be active to move up but it takes a willing partner.  Lots of intriquing options.

So it looks like our choice at 6 will be either. Bamba, Carter, Porter, or Young. Of those four who do you pick?

i pick Trae of course I want a guy who moves the needle. Of the others. I take bamba who will likely be already picked or Porter because of exactly the same reason. He moves the needle. (If healthy) Not sure how he would fit with our roster though.  

If we can find a taker for vuch, we will probably pick Carter. Bleh 

20 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So it looks like our choice at 6 will be either. Bamba, Carter, Porter, or Young. Of those four who do you pick?

i pick Trae of course I want a guy who moves the needle. Of the others. I take bamba who will likely be already picked or Porter because of exactly the same reason. He moves the needle. (If healthy) Not sure how he would fit with our roster though.  

If we can find a taker for vuch, we will probably pick Carter. Bleh 

Sexton

Bamba

Young

Carter

Porter