Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Aren't those guys the types of players that only become solid backups at best?

Yep. Not bad as an invite but not good enough to waste any of the early 2nd rounders in this year draft.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Aren't those guys the types of players that only become solid backups at best?

I could see Brunson having a Meer like career. Maybe not an all-star but a solid player. I’ve read Carter could end up like Beverly. At this point, I’d be fine with a solid two way pg, which we haven’t had in years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Yep. Not bad as an invite but not good enough to waste any of the early 2nd rounders in this year draft.

No I mean I'd take a solid backup with those seconds. But since we have two of them it might make sense to go after the high risk prospect vs collecting ok backups with 41. 

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No I mean I'd take a solid backup with those seconds. But since we have two of them it might make sense to go after the high risk prospect vs collecting ok backups with 41. 

There  are so many PG’s capable to take that back up role. In fact, what we already have is more than ok, at least for this year. But I see your point. 

I think we really need to go with shooters if Okobo is not available and/or a good SF if Mario leaves.  Allen will be ok I guess. Another PG with good offensive ability will be certainly an option. Brunson and Duval or even Holiday if available will be decent options but I rather trade those 2 picks for another late first rounder instead.  Tony Carr is another interesting option in my opinion.

By the way, tankathon still have us picking Okobo with our first second round. Cross my finger!

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I could see Brunson having a Meer like career. Maybe not an all-star but a solid player. I’ve read Carter could end up like Beverly. At this point, I’d be fine with a solid two way pg, which we haven’t had in years.

I can see that.