Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

43 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Evan Fournier for Faried and #14 would work for me. Then if we could just get rid of Vuc, say maybe trade straight up for Jeremy Lin and it looks like the beginnings of a plan. Alternatively, we could do Vuc for Faried & #14, but I'm not sure if that would work for salary matching reasons. 

Id actually do both of these. Lin was probably at his best in Charlotte under Clifford (Linsanity excluded) and Faried is the kind of grit and hustle we need to set the tone for what our identity and culture should be, even if he's not around after this season. Then pick Carter at 6 and Zhaire Smith at 14. 

Augustin/Lin

Ross/Simmons/Smith

Isaac/Ross/AG

AG/Faried 

Carter/Biyombo/Faried

That's a solid 10 man rotation of defense and athleticism with some splashes of shooting. It wouldn't score a great deal but if Clifford can get them playing defense, rebounding and cutting down the turnovers it's a team that would fight every night.

3 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Expiring reasonable contract, solid offensive player, with enough 3-pt range to open up the middle if you have a solid defensive 4/5 next to him. 

Denver is looking to cut salary so that when they resign jokic this off-season (due to a weird cba rule it's advantageous to do that this year) they remain under the luxury tax. Faried is their highest paid player that isn't in their future plans. 

So the best possible trade we can offer them is Mack and Simmons for faried which cuts 7.7 million. 

However, this trade would leave them right at the luxury tax with only 12 players on roster. Would they do it? Maybe. Simmons would be a decent Barton replacement. But is that the best deal they could find? Probably not. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Evan Fournier for Faried and #14 would work for me. Then if we could just get rid of Vuc, say maybe trade straight up for Jeremy Lin and it looks like the beginnings of a plan. Alternatively, we could do Vuc for Faried & #14, but I'm not sure if that would work for salary matching reasons. 

they're trying to shed salary, not add to their books. more like Mack, Simmons, 2nd rounder; or something along the lines that grants instant relief. 

Faried expires next summer so not sure why they'd want to give up a lotto pick. They could just stretch him.

edit: Trae4thewin said.

Vuch would be an excellent insurance policy if anything ever happened to the Joker. He's a real good offensive player and if you put him out there in lineups with Milsap and Wilson Chandler they could compensate for his defense. It might work for them, the question is can the get something better?

2 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

Vuch would be an excellent insurance policy if anything ever happened to the Joker. He's a real good offensive player and if you put him out there in lineups with Milsap and Wilson Chandler they could compensate for his defense. It might work for them, the question is can the get something better?

there's nothing out there better than Vuc.

#facts

Despite the Knicks picking ninth in the June 21 NBA Draft, Oklahoma star point guard Trae Young has decided to give them a private workout at the team facility in Tarrytown, according to an NBA source.

At the NBA Draft Combine earlier this month, Young said he wasn’t sure if he’d work out for the Knicks, who interviewed him there in Chicago. An NBA source said Young will work out for “a handful’’ of clubs, and his schedule is still being mapped out.

On Wednesday, Young held his “Pro Day” workout in Thousand Oaks, Calif., which the Knicks attended. An NBA source said Knicks scout Matt Harding recently visited the Norman, Okla., campus to interview coaches, professors and trainers about Young.

Young, who became the first player as a freshman to lead Division I in scoring (27.4 points) and assists (8.7 assists), is projected to go in many mock drafts at No. 6, where Orlando selects. The Magic traded Elfrid Payton and can use a point guard.

Knicks GM Scott Perry said the club isn’t against trading up a few notches in the draft. Young was considered a consensus top-3 pick amid Stephen Curry comparisons and LeBron James’ compliments. But Young, who turns 20 in September, suffered through a significant late-season swoon amid questions about his turnovers and defense.

Despite the Knicks’ point-guard glut, and after drafting Frank Ntilikina last June at No. 8, sources have indicated the 6-foot-1 Young is heavily on their radar if he falls to No. 9 because of his high upside. According to one advanced analytic, Young shot 35.59 percent on shots that would count as 3’s in the NBA.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/31/trae-young-surprisingly-grants-knicks-a-workout/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

I might be interested in swapping picks if they include their unprotected 2019 pick.  They'll be pretty bad without Porzingis.

2 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/31/trae-young-surprisingly-grants-knicks-a-workout/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

I might be interested in swapping picks if they include their unprotected 2019 pick.  They'll be pretty bad without Porzingis.

Can you trade this year's and next year's pick during the draft? I forget. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Can you trade this year's and next year's pick during the draft? I forget. 

You can swap one year and trade the next - you just can't trade away both without getting a first back in one of the two. 

30 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

It the Knicks are willling to give us a #9 pick plus an unprotected 2019 pick for Trae Young I would think that over carefully.  No one will give up that much value unless they were convinced a player could play in the NBA.  I would only do it if player we want is there at #9.