Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

41 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Also Givony has Doncic falling to 4. If we’re high on him, I’d hope we move up to snag him.

The question is what do we have to offer the Grizzlies?

They don't have any space to take on salary without us taking someone in return. So it might require us to take on Chandler Parsons and his $24 million contract for the next two seasons in order to send them a combination like Evan Fournier ($17m) and Terrence Ross ($10.5m) or Jonathan Simmons ($6m). Alternatively they could find a Ross and Vucevic combination appealing because those two salaries would be off their books in 2019 to give them space to go after someone in free agency. 

It might be worth making a call if Doncic falls to four and we are high on him. 

Memphis would be thrilled with Doncic at 4. Spanish flavor already on the team and they want to win now. Their injuries basically had them tanking like the Spurs did when David Robinson got hurt

1 hour ago, Mike1989 said:

The question is what do we have to offer the Grizzlies?

They don't have any space to take on salary without us taking someone in return. So it might require us to take on Chandler Parsons and his $24 million contract for the next two seasons in order to send them a combination like Evan Fournier ($17m) and Terrence Ross ($10.5m) or Jonathan Simmons ($6m). Alternatively they could find a Ross and Vucevic combination appealing because those two salaries would be off their books in 2019 to give them space to go after someone in free agency. 

It might be worth making a call if Doncic falls to four and we are high on him. 

If Memphis or Atlanta likes a guy that should be available at 6 the cost to move up from 6 to 3 or 4 shouldn't be much more than a future first. 

Philly traded up from 3 to 1 with just a future first protected for the number 1 pick. 

45 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If Memphis or Atlanta likes a guy that should be available at 6 the cost to move up from 6 to 3 or 4 shouldn't be much more than a future first. 

Philly traded up from 3 to 1 with just a future first protected for the number 1 pick. 

I assumed Mike1989 suggested that deal and that we KEEP the 6th pick as improbable as that seems.  In that case it would be worth pursuing (I would prefer Fournier in the deal to get his salary off the books) even if we take Parsons bad deal in return.  I might even include a protected (top 10) first two years from now

13 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I assumed Mike1989 suggested that deal and that we KEEP the 6th pick as improbable as that seems.  In that case it would be worth pursuing (I would prefer Fournier in the deal to get his salary off the books) even if we take Parsons bad deal in return.  I might even include a protected (top 10) first two years from now

Yeah I'm pretty sure trading into the top 5 with no current picks or all stars is unprecedented. 

Don't know if it was mentioned but I saw somewhere yesterday that the Nuggets are willing to part ways with their 14th pick as long as Faried goes with it. Do you guys think we'd have something remotely enticing to offer them?

25 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

Don't know if it was mentioned but I saw somewhere yesterday that the Nuggets are willing to part ways with their 14th pick as long as Faried goes with it. Do you guys think we'd have something remotely enticing to offer them?

Evan Fournier for Faried and #14 would work for me. Then if we could just get rid of Vuc, say maybe trade straight up for Jeremy Lin and it looks like the beginnings of a plan. Alternatively, we could do Vuc for Faried & #14, but I'm not sure if that would work for salary matching reasons. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Evan Fournier for Faried and #14 would work for me. Then if we could just get rid of Vuc, say maybe trade straight up for Jeremy Lin and it looks like the beginnings of a plan. Alternatively, we could do Vuc for Faried & #14, but I'm not sure if that would work for salary matching reasons. 

I'd love both of those deals

If the nuggets would take Vuch and maybe one of our seconds for Faried and the 14 that would be amazing. Then even if our front office really liked Carter at 6 we could still get a pg at 14.

19 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

If the nuggets would take Vuch and maybe one of our seconds for Faried and the 14 that would be amazing. Then even if our front office really liked Carter at 6 we could still get a pg at 14.

Why would the nuggets want vucevic?