Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Think I'm on the Trae wagon. Limitations but what he offers is so dynamic and impressive. At 6, he should be BPA and fills a big need. Double win. He'll also make everyone else better.  

19 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Think I'm on the Trae wagon. Limitations but what he offers is so dynamic and impressive. At 6, he should be BPA and fills a big need. Double win. He'll also make everyone else better.  

This is my thinking, we already have a logjam of bigs that we are either waiting to develop, or waiting to produce (#Nik/Biz/Khem/AG/JI etc) and journeymen types at PG. We need a Trae Young to add life to a very dead place on the floor, and finally, sombody who can get points when we need them. Sign me up for the Young wagon!

11 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

The only thing we are waiting on with Vuc/Biz is their contracts to run out

Just eat their contracts and waive them. If I’m a multiple billionaire who cares about their measly money. 

If you REALLY care about winning. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Just eat their contracts and waive them. If I’m a multiple billionaire who cares about their measly money. 

They would still count against the cap so it would make no sense to do so

40 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Wish it was that easy but salary cap space not created by waiving contracts.  The good news is our ownership, by and large,  has shown the willingness to pay what is necessary.  I read about a year ago one of the most valuable employee's, in the future, is what the writer called a "capologist", an expert at projecting and manipulating cap space.  We will really know how much we truly  care about winning when we get to the point where we are at or going into the luxury tax.  We are not even close yet!  For that we need  at least a couple All star caliber players.  Gordon. Isaac and this year's pick potentially a good start.  Goin g to take patience due to Hennigan's moves.

32 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I don’t care if I’m that rich. If it counts against the cap. Go over the cap pay the tax. 

I am with you and still think we will spend money when we can but rule below limits us in going over the cap (cannot go over our salary cap=minimum of $78 milllion if we renounced everyone but actually it is +$90 million leaving us no money to spend) to sign anyone without trading contracts if we can even find teams willing to do so.  If no trades are made (likely scenario) we are handcuffed financially until next summer.

"Teams below the cap could spend up the cap level on any free agents they want; teams above the cap are limited to acquiring free agents through the "mid level" and "biannual" exceptions (which have allowed teams to sign player to salaries starting around roughly around $6-10 million and $2-5 million in recent seasons)."

If I'm being completely honest, every now and then I'll catch myself walking around my house and randomly scream out "TRAE YOUNG!!!".

Been doing it for months, the kids are still scared.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

The only thing we are waiting on with Vuc/Biz is their contracts to run out

Great point! Even more reason to pick up Young! The point being, what could this FO do with legitimate cap space and a good foundation of youth and talent.

WAIT...... where did I hear that before? LOL

3 hours ago, chosen12 said:

Great point! Even more reason to pick up Young! The point being, what could this FO do with legitimate cap space and a good foundation of youth and talent.

WAIT...... where did I hear that before? LOL

We got Hennigan'd

• Like 1