Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

no, no team would ever look stupid for drafting a 6'7" 3 n d shooting guard with a really wet jumper. 

Iwundu, if he's as great as you claim him to be, should be traded before the trade deadline to maximize his value for our team since we're nowhere near win now more. 

Having a two way stud scorer like Leonard doesn't negatively effect a high usage Trae Young. 

So you think if Iwundu suddenly became an All Star level player we should trade him? Why exactly? How do you even get value on an all star player on such a low contract? Why would a team that's been bad for so long trade it's best player? Can you imagine If every bad team traded away all star players because they were "nowhere near win now mode"? The same teams would make the playoffs every single year forever..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

So you think if Iwundu suddenly became an All Star level player we should trade him? Why exactly? How do you even get value on an all star player on such a low contract? Why would a team that's been bad for so long trade it's best player? Can you imagine If every bad team traded away all star players because they were "nowhere near win now mode"? The same teams would make the playoffs every single year forever..

my post was mostly a crap post not meant to be taken too serious. too many hypothetical lately, this team desperately needs something tangibly GOOD

13 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

No. I just don't ignore context. When he was dominating he was quite efficient with a high usage and his team was winning. That's pretty impressive.

Everything went south when teams doubled and tripled team him. My response to that is what the hell do you expect? Of course those numbers will go down and yeah, it's a team game and has been for quite some time last time I checked and his team sucks. Just like any other decent team, you draft talent, you properly build around talent, bam, you got a solid team.

Put some good shooters, defenders, and athletic cutters/slashers around a guy like Trae and watch what happens. 

My issue with what you’re saying is that you’ve not mentioned one thing Young displays as a weakness or growth area. I understand the context comment, yet I also see plenty of red flags with Young.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

My issue with what you’re saying is that you’ve not mentioned one thing Young displays as a weakness or growth area. I understand the context comment, yet I also see plenty of red flags with Young.

Defense and needs to continue to gain strength. He has to put more effort into a being a better defender.

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Defense and needs to continue to gain strength. He has to put more effort into a being a better defender.

Fair enough. 

Trae had more turnovers than any player in a college season.

Just had a glance at every college player to have over 140 turnovers since 2007 (as far back as Sports Reference goes). The only 2 NBA players besides Trae Young where John Wall and Greivis Vasquez. Vasquez spent another 2 years in college after his season, he's also 6'6 and has been an average NBA player anyway. John Wall is John Wall and is twice the athlete of Trae as well as playing on a much more successful team.

15 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just had a glance at every college player to have over 140 turnovers since 2007 (as far back as Sports Reference goes). The only 2 NBA players besides Trae Young where John Wall and Greivis Vasquez. Vasquez spent another 2 years in college after his season, he's also 6'6 and has been an average NBA player anyway. John Wall is John Wall and is twice the athlete of Trae as well as playing on a much more successful team.

are you suggesting wall had a lot of turnovers because he ran so fast and jumped so high?

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I appreciate the information but we need to stop with the comparisons. Last year( scouts)  compared Mitchell to Norman Powell and Isaac to Kevin Durant. Crazy.  Trae is not John Wall nor Greivis and he surely is no Curry. He is very unique in my opinion. He is going to be a very good player in the NBA. He has the talent and the qualities to be successful at the next level. His Turnover ratio will likely improve once he gets into a more structured system. In my opinion, he is still the best point guard in this year Draft. Closely followed by Sexton, Shai and Okobo. 

When it comes to big guys, the potential in JJJ is son intriguing that goes way above any of the other big guys in this year draft. Bamba and Carter are also very interesting options. Carter has grown up on me over the past few weeks. So I currently have JJJ, Bamba followed  closely by Carter. I will not be surprise if Carter gets selected before Bamba. I didn't include Ayton as I think he will be picked number 1. Call me crazy but I will go with JJJ over Ayton 10 times out of 10. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

are you suggesting wall had a lot of turnovers because he ran so fast and jumped so high?

No I'm suggesting his turnovers aren't as big of an issue because he wasn't as limited in other areas.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

No I'm suggesting his turnovers aren't as big of an issue because he wasn't as limited in other areas.

turnovers are always a big issue, why and how those turnovers come is the key issue. Not just turnovers in general. 

40 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

turnovers are always a big issue, why and how those turnovers come is the key issue. Not just turnovers in general. 

Of the top 11 players with the highest to’s per  game 9 are all stars. Only exception are Russell and Booker. Yeah turnovers are HUGE 

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Of the top 11 players with the highest to’s per  game 9 are all stars. Only exception are Russell and Booker. Yeah turnovers are HUGE 

yes the ability of turnovers are. all star turnovers are less likely to be the variety of "I don't know how to read defenses" or "I'm trying to do more than I am capable of" which is what the people who cry about Traes turnovers are suggesting which simply isn't the case. the guy is highly skilled and has a great bball iq that pairs well with his instincts.