Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

How do players who lead the NCAA in scoring or assists fare in the NBA?

how do players that win awards in Europe fare in the NBA?

• Like 2

JW says exactly what I would say about Trae why do I need to repeat it. And yes he needs to cut down on to’s but I think he was just trying to do too much on a s&&& team. And I know traeftwin. That’s one of your ridiculous excuses. He was a freshman, do u think he will improve? Just maybe. Look at AG has he improved?

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

What’s hard about reading the posts from the Young fans is the lack of acknowledgement of real concerns over his size, athleticism, efficiency and defense. 

I want a pg as much as anyone, and I was calling for EP’s head to roll for years. However, I watched Young... almost every game in 2018. I saw him shut down by one-on-one physical defenders consistently, saw him be a chucker from basically mid January on, and watched him play virtually no defense. 

I really think there are two things happening here:

1. Bias thru comparison 

2. Bias thru need

In my book, Young has a very serious uphill battle to being a starting pg in the NBA. 

1. Wrong

2. Wrong

Do we know his shuttle runs and sprint times?

We know he's not terribly small. Dude is fine height wise. Will probably put on more weight (gained 10 or so already).

43 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Lol. Are you serious? This comment proves my point. You are choosing to look at a specific point rather than the whole horizon. 

Edit: Do you and the other Young fans recognize that Young shot in the 20% to 30% range for 12 out of his last 20 games? I mean that’s really concerning, right?

You mean the last 12 games where opposing team strategies were to double and triple team him as much as possible?

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

1. Wrong

2. Wrong

This is quite compelling.

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

This is quite compelling.

It's a ridiculous statement that I have no need to dive into. I'm not a fan nor biased. I've even said he's not my number 1. 

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

You mean the last 12 games where opposing team strategies were to double and triple team him as much as possible?

yup double teamed something like 43% of the time,  insane

5 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yup double teamed something like 43% of the time,  insane

So what happens if his skills translate in the NBA and you know because he's good teams decide to double him? What's the excuse then? 

An observation on the Trae Young debate:

You either believe Trae Young’s talent is so great he’s an exception to the rule and will be a big time player, or you don’t believe it so the rule tells you his impact will be average to below. So one side is citing the flashes of incredible play (which he undoubtedly had) as proof he’s the exception and the other is citing the rule. I don’t fault the people who want to believe we could get the next Curry at 6 and I don’t fault the people who weigh the likelihood of that outcome against the risk of the more probable outcome. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So what happens if his skills translate in the NBA and you know because he's good teams decide to double him? What's the excuse then? 

then he'll pass to a cutting to the basket/darting to the 3 point line AG/JI and ice games and pickup the nickname Ice Trae and The Ice Man

5 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

An observation on the Trae Young debate:

You either believe Trae Young’s talent is so great he’s an exception to the rule and will be a big time player, or you don’t believe it so the rule tells you his impact will be average to below. So one side is citing the flashes of incredible play (which he undoubtedly had) as proof he’s the exception and the other is citing the rule. I don’t fault the people who want to believe we could get the next Curry at 6 and I don’t fault the people who weigh the likelihood of that outcome against the risk of the more probable outcome. 

let's say we draft Trae this year and a BETTER scorer next year, how amazing does Trae look as a 2nd option and constant catch and shoot threat? 

Just for reference RE: Traes massive USG. Here's every player ever with over 2000 mins, over 35% USG and 6'4 or shorter in the NBA. Dwayne Wade, Allen Iverson, Russell Westbrook. Trae is comfortably less athletic than all of those guys. He's going to have to change his game to adapt to play off ball much more and take smarter shots. People are expecting Trae to come in and just be our entire offense and if hes asked to be that he might have one of the worst shooting rookie seasons ever. 

• Upvote 2