Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

I agree with this but I’d have Porter with those guys too. 

Im kinda of falling more and more out of love Bamba. Not to say I’d be mad if we got him but does a player with his skill set really thrive in today’s nba? If he’s absolutely useless offensively his whole career that’s gonna servely limit his usage at times. 

But I completely agree Young doesn’t strike me as a prospect that would be high on our managements draft boards. But who knows maybe they want to go a different direction and draft a Hail Mary type player that will generate buzz amongst the fans. Doubt it. 

I agree with what you say here.  However I think that Bamba is enough of a unicorn that we are targeting him, Porter and Jackson at #6.  We'll take whichever is available.  

1 minute ago, Murphy13 said:

I agree with what you say here.  However I think that Bamba is enough of a unicorn that we are targeting him, Porter and Jackson at #6.  We'll take whichever is available.  

Yea I feel safe saying if Bamba is on the board at 6 he’s close to a lock for us. 

57 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I agree with this but I’d have Porter with those guys too. 

Im kinda of falling more and more out of love Bamba. Not to say I’d be mad if we got him but does a player with his skill set really thrive in today’s nba? If he’s absolutely useless offensively his whole career that’s gonna servely limit his usage at times. 

But I completely agree Young doesn’t strike me as a prospect that would be high on our managements draft boards. But who knows maybe they want to go a different direction and draft a Hail Mary type player that will generate buzz amongst the fans. Doubt it. 

Knowing that saying this is a little putting the cart before the horse, but Bamba reminds me of a young Dwight Howard, just longer. His first few years all he’ll do is dunk and defend, what he does after that will be on him and our developmental team.

3 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

If we don't take a PG with #6, i pray we find a way to get Okobo to pair with whoever we first took.

Absolutely

Bamba or Carter at 6, trade up to like 25ish for Okobo using 1 of our 2nd rounders and a future pick. Draft Gary Clark or Vince Edwards with the remaining 2nd rounder. Thats pretty much my dream draft right now.

14 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Bamba or Carter at 6, trade up to like 25ish for Okobo using 1 of our 2nd rounders and a future pick. Draft Gary Clark or Vince Edwards with the remaining 2nd rounder. Thats pretty much my dream draft right now.

I could live with that

3 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

if won't be awkward. If we take him and he balls out, everyone is happy. If we take him and he bombs, his nay-sayers get their draft analysis in the future weighted more favorably. If we pass on him and he balls out, his supports get their draft analysis in the future weighted more favorably. If we pass and he bombs, everyone is happy.

thanks I needed this :)

22 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

wait you like Carter over Mikal Bridges? He's my dark horse WeHam favorable pick