Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

There are a lot of good prospects available in the #12-13 range so if everybody management likes is gone at 6 I'm fine with trading back with the Clips. I think SGA is going to surprise a lot of people but I'm not sure he'll be there at #12.

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

There are a lot of good prospects available in the #12-13 range so if everybody management likes is gone at 6 I'm fine with trading back with the Clips. I think SGA is going to surprise a lot of people but I'm not sure he'll be there at #12.

how is his first step burst and lateral quickness?

Would a Sexton-SGA backcourt work if they were both available at 12/13? I think they'd be great defensively and I like the idea of SGA as an offensive initiator/distributor more than Sexton. I'd still worry about how we create enough offense but I'd be intrigued by that duo.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

This is why u can’t take  him. We don’t want that excitement. This is a retirement community that would have to stand up and cheer. I’m talking the lower bowl patrons here. We would have to hire extra paramedics to deal with the retirees, oh I mean fans. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This is why u can’t take  him. We don’t want that excitement. This is a retirement community that would have to stand up and cheer. I’m talking the lower bowl patrons here. We would have to hire extra paramedics to deal with the retirees, oh I mean fans. 

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

FFTL that was too funny and probably true. Once we have a good team again we'll have to retrain the fans on how to act at a basketball game LOL

It's always been like that. I was told to sit down in game 5 of the finals. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Would a Sexton-SGA backcourt work if they were both available at 12/13? I think they'd be great defensively and I like the idea of SGA as an offensive initiator/distributor more than Sexton. I'd still worry about how we create enough offense but I'd be intrigued by that duo.

If Bamba is gone and with so many people feeling that Young is too big of a risk, taking SGA and Sexton (I like both players but SGA needs to put on some pounds) gives us twice as much chance of getting a very good PG. DJ has done an admirable job and would be a good mentor and with Mack expiring (trade?) we could use 2 more PGs.

18 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I hope whoever we draft is not a project (Isaac, iwundu) or some boring azz player (Fournier et al - Gordon and Simmons) I want some exciting ball I don’t even care if we lose for now. 

Well Young and Sexton both check that box 

24 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I hope whoever we draft is not a project (Isaac, iwundu) or some boring azz player (Fournier et al - Gordon and Simmons) I want some exciting ball I don’t even care if we lose for now. 

It's pretty likely that whoever we draft is going to be a project. Even Trae. 

Paul George averaged 7.8 ppg his rookie year. Kawhi 7.9. horford and harden were 10. Anthony Davis 13.5.