Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

20 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

All this talk about athleticism and two of the most athletic PG'S are at home watching the playoffs.

I like Trae because he has specific skills.

His skills aren't good enough. To overcome his deficiencies. This is survivorship bias. 

Shot 43% from 3 over a really nice 11 game streak.

Shot 32% the other 21 games

Shot 36% over recorded high school competition

Shot 24% in fiba. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

His skills aren't good enough. To overcome his deficiencies. This is survivorship bias. 

Shot 43% from 3 over a really nice 11 game streak.

Shot 32% the other 21 games

Shot 36% over recorded high school competition

Shot 24% in fiba. 

Eh. Your over analyzing and leaving out context.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. That's my whole premise. If Bamba isn't a game altering defensive player he could still be DeAndre Jordan or Tyson Chandler or jusif nurkic.

The hypothetical no future injury impact version of Porter could be offense only Paul George or khris Middleton or Barnes or Harris or gallinari

Wendell Carter is pretty much guaranteed to be a dependable starter but lacks much more upside in my opinion. 

Bagley I don't like but there's at least the argument that his mind could catch up to his body and you could teach him how to utilize his talent on defense. 

At 8 or 9 you start to reach "it's ok if this guy is just a rotation player with some upside" territory. Philly would/should be thrilled with Trae. 

So trae is a horrible pick at 6. But a thrilling pick at 8. Got it. Rolls eyes!!!

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Eh. Your over analyzing and leaving out context.

You're underanalyzing and failing to project him to the NBA. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You're underanalyzing and failing to project him to the NBA. 

I’m gleaming from your posts that you want Jackson. A guy who disappeared a lot of nights. Tom Izzo, one the best all time coaches in ncaa history barely played him. Thabeet 2.0. 

19 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So trae is a horrible pick at 6. But a thrilling pick at 8. Got it. Rolls eyes!!!

Well 10 he's thrilling but yes. Different picks have different weights and expected returns. 

Between 06 and 15:

The 6th pick has returned Brandon Roy and Lillard as high end pieces. Gallinari and smart as  good starters. Noel was still TBD. 

The 8th pick is Rudy gay, kcp, aminu, Ross, Knight as the best pieces

7 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I’m gleaming from your posts that you want Jackson. A guy who disappeared a lot of nights. Tom Izzo, one the best all time coaches in ncaa history barely played him. Thabeet 2.0. 

He didn't really disappear. He was played out of position as izzo decided to play two centers and a power forward lineups. And he's the youngest player projected in the lotto. He only got 6.6 fga per game as he was a freshman playing on a team that returned their starting center and starting power forward (and top two scorers) from the previous season. 

But I like him because he was an elite rim protector, a 40% three point shooter, continued to improve as the year went on, and has the foot speed to switch onto wings on the perimeter so he fits exactly what we want to do. 

2 hours ago, ML6 said:

At 6? Yes. Of course you're looking for a starter at the 6th pick.

We better get a coach that will play and develop our #6 pick.  Unless we get lucky and resign Mario we have a track record that is not real good!

Also the fact you called him thabeet 2.0 shows you haven't watched much basketball as they couldn't be more different players. Thabeet was a 7'3 slow plodding center that couldn't score outside of 5 feet. Jackson plays like a 6'11 240 lb Golden State version of Harrison Barnes that also happens to be an elite rim protector.

5 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

We better get a coach that will play and develop our #6 pick.  Unless we get lucky and resign Mario we have a track record that is not real good!

We develop them fine. We just give up too early. 

Imagine, preferring Jackson to Trae Young. Crazy! He's only ranked ahead of Trae by ESPN, the ringer, NBA draft dotnet, sports illustrated, USA today, nbc, bleacher report, net scouts, CBS sports, basketball insiders, the stepian (I'm not sure there's another somewhat legitimate mock draft out there)

The hope is one of the top 5 surprises and goes Porter, causing either Jackson or Bamba to fall to us. Then, use Shelvin’s deal to trade in to late lotto and get Sexton.