Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

14 minutes ago, ML6 said:

20% chance of Shabazz Napier
20% chance of Jamal Crawford (6th man heat check guy)
35% chance of a pretty decent, dependable starter
20% chance of Kemba Walker/Damien Lillard
5% chance of something resembling Steph Curry

I think there's pretty much no chance he's a dependable starter. He's either Steph/Paul/Lillard or the lesser kemba tier or a game changing sixth man. There's not really an in between because of his deficiencies. 

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

I was probably fairly generous with giving a 25% chance of Walker or better TBH

I would be good with 60% pretty decent dependable starter, we haven't had one of those at PG in a long time.
What I'm really hoping is that management is working their tails off with those teams that said they would consider trading their picks and will get us in the top end so we can grab Doncic. IMO he has the most potential/least risk of anybody in the draft.

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

17 PPG and leading the league in assists on a super team would probably have him going number 1

Or it makes him Bobby Hurley

Or a marginally better Tyler Ulis

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think there's pretty much no chance he's a dependable starter. He's either Steph/Paul/Lillard or the lesser kemba tier or a game changing sixth man. There's not really an in between because of his deficiencies. 

If that's the case I would argue it's even harder to bet on him b/c the chance of achieving a career similar to those guys has to be less likely than the alternative.

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Would a game changing 6th man be a bad thing? Can we do better than that at 6 and get a dependable starter?

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Would a game changing 6th man be a bad thing? Can we do better than that at 6 and get a dependable starter?

At 6? Yes. Of course you're looking for a starter at the 6th pick.

10 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Yeah. That's my whole premise. If Bamba isn't a game altering defensive player he could still be DeAndre Jordan or Tyson Chandler or jusif nurkic.

The hypothetical no future injury impact version of Porter could be offense only Paul George or khris Middleton or Barnes or Harris or gallinari

Wendell Carter is pretty much guaranteed to be a dependable starter but lacks much more upside in my opinion. 

Bagley I don't like but there's at least the argument that his mind could catch up to his body and you could teach him how to utilize his talent on defense. 

At 8 or 9 you start to reach "it's ok if this guy is just a rotation player with some upside" territory. Philly would/should be thrilled with Trae. 

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. That's my whole premise. If Bamba isn't a game altering defensive player he could still be DeAndre Jordan or Tyson Chandler or jusif nurkic.

The hypothetical no future injury impact version of Porter could be offense only Paul George or khris Middleton or Barnes or Harris or gallinari

Wendell Carter is pretty much guaranteed to be a dependable starter but lacks much more upside in my opinion. 

Bagley I don't like but there's at least the argument that his mind could catch up to his body and you could teach him how to utilize his talent on defense. 

At 8 or 9 you start to reach "it's ok if this guy is just a rotation player with some upside" territory. Philly would/should be thrilled with Trae. 

Yeah I agree on Carter. I think what you see is what you are gonna get, maybe even a tad less in the NBA. After Doncic I think every pick is a crapshoot.

I think if you told me that we'd definitely get Sexton and either zhaire or Lonnie Walker at 12 and 13 I'd definitely trade 6 assuming Jackson or Bamba wasn't available. 

The potential of Sexton plus one of those two sgs is greater than only one of the guys that would be available at 6. 

All this talk about athleticism and two of the most athletic PG'S are at home watching the playoffs.

I like Trae because he has specific skills.

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think if you told me that we'd definitely get Sexton and either zhaire or Lonnie Walker at 12 and 13 I'd definitely trade 6 assuming Jackson or Bamba wasn't available. 

The potential of Sexton plus one of those two sgs is greater than only one of the guys that would be available at 6. 

Or SGA and one of the centers. I think Sexton is going to be a beast in the NBA. DSJ on steroids!