Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

One thing I'll give Trae is he'll definitely sell tickets with his range and Off the dribble moves. He's like a point gaurd Blake Griffin won't turn to wins but will sell tickets

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes really. Being a dominant ball handler doesn't suggest positive NBA impact. 

lol don't be naive, you know more about Young then to suggest that. He shot over 50% in catch and shoot opportunities, he makes quick decisions with the ball from the perimeter, he isn't a ball stopper. He's in the same exact boat as Doncic in those regards yet everyone loves Doncic

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

One thing I'll give Trae is he'll definitely sell tickets with his range and Off the dribble moves. He's like a point gaurd Blake Griffin won't turn to wins but will sell tickets

arguing that he won't help us win when all we need other than a rim protector is an offensive initiator and he's the top one in the class, seems petty and has no weight considering he's never been anything but a winner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

lol don't be naive, you know more about Young then to suggest that. He shot over 50% in catch and shoot opportunities, he makes quick decisions with the ball from the perimeter, he isn't a ball stopper. He's in the same exact boat as Doncic in those regards yet everyone loves Doncic

Because doncic can be a lead initiator and has a high probability of being at least average on defense given he's 6'8 230. 

I'll just repeat myself over and over and over again. Picking young this high suggests you think he's got a good chance to be top 15 at his position. To reach top 15 impact at his position, given his likely bottom quartile defensive impact, requires him to be a top 10 offensive player. If he's not a top 10 offensive player his value is more as a bench scorer change of pace guy. Betting on someone who must be elite to be worth the investment is a terrible idea. Especially when he's not the type of player who's entering the league with some sort of leg up on his peers like Derrick Rose with elevating over defenses or John wall with his size/speed with the ball combination. 

20% chance of Shabazz Napier
20% chance of Jamal Crawford (6th man heat check guy)
35% chance of a pretty decent, dependable starter
20% chance of Kemba Walker/Damien Lillard
5% chance of something resembling Steph Curry

20 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

arguing that he won't help us win when all we need other than a rim protector is an offensive initiator and he's the top one in the class, seems petty and has no weight considering he's never been anything but a winner.

I didn't know I was arguing, but all I'm gonna say is who ever we draft they better be an all star the moment they get on the court because the way this fan base is all hell will break loose if Trae averages 13/5/2 40%fg as a ROOKIE!!

14 minutes ago, ML6 said:

20% chance of Shabazz Napier
20% chance of Jamal Crawford (6th man heat check guy)
35% chance of a pretty decent, dependable starter
20% chance of Kemba Walker/Damien Lillard
5% chance of something resembling Steph Curry

Is this better odds than anyone else we could draft at #6?

6 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I didn't know I was arguing, but all I'm gonna say is who ever we draft they better be an all star the moment they get on the court because the way this fan base is all hell will break loose if Trae averages 13/5/2 40%fg as a ROOKIE!!

Id be happy with that. I'm not a fair weather fan and I don't typical speak I'll of our players until they are no longer OUR players.  Expectations for our team should be playoffs in 3 years with decent growth towards that each year.

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Is this better odds than anyone else we could draft at #6?

I was probably fairly generous with giving a 25% chance of Walker or better TBH

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but is that because of overwhelming talent and future projected success or is it the first symptom of a post Curry MVP world?

Is his situation analogous to the NBA? Or is he the first "air raid system quarterback" of college basketball?

There was that kid in high school that averaged something like 70 points per game because his team used a philosophy that if you play 4 on 5 on defense the other team might score 90% of the time but if your fifth player just stands on the other end and gets open layups he'll score 99% of the time. But obviously that kid isn't really a good player, his scoring is situation based. Trae's situation at Oklahoma was unlike any other situation in college basketball which inflated his numbers. Obviously he has NBA level talent but what if he was on a super team and his scoring was down to 17 ppg and he just lead the league in assists? Would we feel the same way about him?

17 PPG and leading the league in assists on a super team would probably have him going number 1

• Upvote 1