Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

53 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Trae Doesn’t look undersized. 

It's not his size that's the biggest concern, it's the lack of athleticism and defence. His wingspan was also the smallest of anyone at the combine which doesn't bode welll when you already lack athleticism. He's as likely to be a bust as he is a star and that scares people.

29 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

It's not his size that's the biggest concern, it's the lack of athleticism and defence. His wingspan was also the smallest of anyone at the combine which doesn't bode welll when you already lack athleticism. He's as likely to be a bust as he is a star and that scares people.

He's quick. He's athletic enough. Not having a 40+ very doesn't mean he's not athletic and slow.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

He's quick. He's athletic enough. Not having a 40+ very doesn't mean he's not athletic and slow.

I didn't say he wasn't quick, he is quick. He isn't athletic, they are 2 different things.

4 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

I didn't say he wasn't quick, he is quick. He isn't athletic, they are 2 different things.

I don't think he's that quick

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

he's a very cerebral player, has a very quick trigger, has amazing handles and is the best passer in the draft and arguably the best shooter in the draft. he has elite skills that help offset the slightly below average aspects of his game/physical makeup

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

bGIHeVQ.png

This is actually a good tool to show why it doesn't make sense to draft Trae. There's 33 players on that list. Only 14 of those I'd be happy taking with the 6th pick in any draft. Of those 14, 7 had wingspans above 6'6, 4 were outlier level athletes either jumping or speed, 2 which don't fit length/athlete criteria are expected to contend for best point guard of all time discussions, then there's Mike Conley who is a good two way player. As Trae doesn't fit elite length, elite athleticism, or solid two way player criteria, the only want he lives up to 6th pick valuation is if he becomes a hall of fame caliber player or else he falls into the good 6th man, disappointing starter category like collison, barea, jameer, etc. 

Collin Sefrom doesn't get enough love on this board, and I'm at fault of this as much as anyone. That kid might not have superstar potential but he's a game changer with a floor that's probably 3 stories above Young's