Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

Porter and Bagley are weird picks with Isaac and Gordon on the team. I suppose if they are the BPA it's them or reach for a player that fills a need. I'd grab them and make the decision at a later date. 

As for Trae, he could be a boom or bust player but there is that risk with most prospects. Porter has a question mark with his back, if that's a long term issue he could be a bust. There are safe selections like Mikal Bridges should be a good 3 and D guy, but do we want a glue guy or a potential go to guy? If it's the latter we might need to take a risk on a high upside prospect even If they carry some bust potential. Otherwise we should grab Mikal and slot him in there at SG and get ready for free agency.

Yeah I'm all for safe picks like Mikal if we were in the Knicks position, but we're in a position where we might need to take a risk on Trae. We need something to build off of

14 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Yeah I'm all for safe picks like Mikal if we were in the Knicks position, but we're in a position where we might need to take a risk on Trae. We need something to build off of

Trae would also be the best pick for the Knicks, in my opinion

43 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Trae would also be the best pick for the Knicks, in my opinion

Not a fan of Ntilikina?

5 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Not a fan of Ntilikina?

Some in the Knicks organization believe Ntilikina is a SG. With his defensive prowess it could be a nice backcourt alongside Trae

I'm just saying...if I'm going PG with our pick (which I have wanted for 2+ years). I think we really only have 2 options in the lottery unless we trade for the Clippers pick. 

Collin Sexton or Shai Gilgeous-Alexander -- Sexton's highlights were shared a page or two back. But I'm telling you this kid is going to be special. He's calm and collected. Vs Sexton and Young, SGA is the better defender hands down. He's going to get others involved. I see attributes of Rajon Rondo in him (getting others involved) with a better offensive game. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Some in the Knicks organization believe Ntilikina is a SG. With his defensive prowess it could be a nice backcourt alongside Trae

I agree and likely considering trading up  for our pick to grab him before Cleveland does. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I'm just saying...if I'm going PG with our pick (which I have wanted for 2+ years). I think we really only have 2 options in the lottery unless we trade for the Clippers pick. 

Collin Sexton or Shai Gilgeous-Alexander -- Sexton's highlights were shared a page or two back. But I'm telling you this kid is going to be special. He's calm and collected. Vs Sexton and Young, SGA is the better defender hands down. He's going to get others involved. I see attributes of Rajon Rondo in him (getting others involved) with a better offensive game. 

I like him a lot too! 6'6 with game!!!

17 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Reminds me of a Penny Hardaway.

5 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Reminds me of a Penny Hardaway.

Exactly! 6'6", very aggressive going to the hole, outside shot, good passes, plays D, gets steals. His aggression and shooting ability will really open up the floor. I'd be fine getting him! 

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Exactly! 6'6", very aggressive going to the hole, outside shot, good passes, plays D, gets steals. His aggression and shooting ability will really open up the floor. I'd be fine getting him! 

Yup! The Euro-step at 2:09 in that video is just gorgeous. I think his game is going to translate well to the NBA

3 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I'm not sold on SGA. yeah, he's got good size but he doesn't excite me.  

Doesn't excite you in comparison to who? 

Trae Young? I just have a heavy gut feeling that Trae Young's game is going to get figured out. He's a defensive liability and that's why he won't make it. You can't be weak on the defensive end of the ball and be a star in this league. You're going to get ousted every night. 

Example: Lonzo Ball --> Everyone freaked out about this guy. He played 50 games last season. Sure, he averaged 10ppg, 7rb, 6ast...on 36% shooting from the field and 30% from three. 

DeAaron Fox played 73 games, averaging 12ppg, 4ast, 3rb. 42% from field, 30% from three.

Trae Young is the next Lonzo Ball...he's got the hype right now, he'll probably look good in the summer league games. 30 games into the season. He'll be averaging 10pg a game on 36% shooting from the field and he won't see the floor during crunch time in close games unless he's subbed in and that team needs a three.