Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

He was. 9th overall in the 08 draft. There’s a chance that Trae is never even as good as D.J. is right now. If we go PG in the draft I want to trade down and go Sexton or SGA. If we stay at 6 and the top 5 go as mocked give me Porter or Carter.

Trae is a risky pick he could be Steph 2.0 or a complete bust. But Porter is a weird pick unless we just give up Gordon or Issac

16 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

What if young is just an augustin type player. Wasn't Dj a lottery pick too?

Young might be Augustin in terms of physicality but his basketball IQ is miles ahead

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Trae is a risky pick he could be Steph 2.0 or a complete bust. But Porter is a weird pick unless we just give up Gordon or Issac

For sure, I see what you mean from a roster standpoint, but we have management on record saying that BPA is the way to go. I know Porter is a risk, but his reward is extremely high. I guess you could argue the same for Trae, but there’s literally about a 1% chance he’s the next Steph.

13 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

He was. 9th overall in the 08 draft. There’s a chance that Trae is never even as good as D.J. is right now. If we go PG in the draft I want to trade down and go Sexton or SGA. If we stay at 6 and the top 5 go as mocked give me Porter or Carter.

I agree, I prefer SGA out the point guards, can see him moving up the boards once he has had a few individual workouts and as crazy as it sounds I can see Weltman go for him, can guard multiple positions and is highly athletic. Sexton going before Young is a good possibility as well. I would prefer the Magic go with whoever drops out of the bigs though, there's enough talent late 1st round early 2nd round to pick up a point guard. Just go with best pick available and see what you can do with the team after.

I think this will be one of the most fun drafts to watch in a while, think there will be some big movers!

36 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Porter and Bagley are weird picks with Isaac and Gordon on the team. I suppose if they are the BPA it's them or reach for a player that fills a need. I'd grab them and make the decision at a later date. 

As for Trae, he could be a boom or bust player but there is that risk with most prospects. Porter has a question mark with his back, if that's a long term issue he could be a bust. There are safe selections like Mikal Bridges should be a good 3 and D guy, but do we want a glue guy or a potential go to guy? If it's the latter we might need to take a risk on a high upside prospect even If they carry some bust potential. Otherwise we should grab Mikal and slot him in there at SG and get ready for free agency.

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

I agree, I prefer SGA out the point guards, can see him moving up the boards once he has had a few individual workouts and as crazy as it sounds I can see Weltman go for him, can guard multiple positions and is highly athletic. Sexton going before Young is a good possibility as well. I would prefer the Magic go with whoever drops out of the bigs though, there's enough talent late 1st round early 2nd round to pick up a point guard. Just go with best pick available and see what you can do with the team after.

I think this will be one of the most fun drafts to watch in a while, think there will be some big movers!

I like the idea of 6'6 at PG that plays both ends myself. I would love to get one of the Sac picks and grab a big with #6 and SGA at #12 or #13. If Porter is the only big left at 6 without reaching I'd trade #6 for #12 & #13 and take SGA and one of the 2 centers

9 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Steph Curry listed at 6'3'' by ESPN, Chris Paul 6'0'', Terry Rozier 6'2''

Size is cool, but being able to play is more important

Being able to play is more important. 

But I'm not sure Trae is a better player than the guys also available at 6. Especially when you look at the totality of expected career outcomes where there's a precipitous drop from hall of famer Trae to decent 6th man Trae. 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

For sure, I see what you mean from a roster standpoint, but we have management on record saying that BPA is the way to go. I know Porter is a risk, but his reward is extremely high. I guess you could argue the same for Trae, but there’s literally about a 1% chance he’s the next Steph.

1% that's tough? He's putting up better numbers than steph did in his rookie season. But I agree Porter's reward is higher than Trae's

• Like 1