Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

You know... Been watching more of Carter in the last 24 hours and he might be above Bamba on my board. Bamba's offense right now is catch and finish and the hope that he can become a good 3 point shooter. Carter might not be as explosive around the rim but his jump shot is more developed and he has a better feel for the game on that end, with a better post game and being able to pass the ball out of the high post etc. Bamba offers elite rim protection but I feel that Carter being more agile might be better for the modern nba in terms of switching late in the shot clock and he's not a bad shot blocker himself. They're close and I might flip flop back at a later date but right now I think Carter is my #4 prospect.

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

You know... Been watching more of Carter in the last 24 hours and he might be above Bamba on my board. Bamba's offense right now is catch and finish and the hope that he can become a good 3 point shooter. Carter might not be as explosive around the rim but his jump shot is more developed and he has a better feel for the game on that end, with a better post game and being able to pass the ball out of the high post etc. Bamba offers elite rim protection but I feel that Carter being more agile might be better for the modern nba in terms of switching late in the shot clock and he's not a bad shot blocker himself. They're close and I might flip flop back at a later date but right now I think Carter is my #4 prospect.

If the Horford comparisons are legit then that makes sense. I think Horford is the best center in the NBA

People are sleeping on Carter, and he wasn't even the first option at Duke and put up nice numbers. He's just a little foul prone

37 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

If the Horford comparisons are legit then that makes sense. I think Horford is the best center in the NBA

currently still playing you mean?

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

1. It really couldn't involve Gordon

2. I bet we could get him without trading Isaac or Gordon. 

Who else could we send?

I guess they could have some interest in Vucevic, but his trade value is low. Fournier would have to come off the bench because they've got Butler and Wiggins at SG and SF. Ross and Simmons are bench options as well. 

If Gordon isn't involved via a sign and trade at a later date, the deal would need to be centered around Isaac and 6 (and probably more) because our other talent are bench options for them. 

5 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

Who else could we send?

I guess they could have some interest in Vucevic, but his trade value is low. Fournier would have to come off the bench because they've got Butler and Wiggins at SG and SF. Ross and Simmons are bench options as well. 

If Gordon isn't involved via a sign and trade at a later date, the deal would need to be centered around Isaac and 6 (and probably more) because our other talent are bench options for them. 

I'm sorry but I wouldn't trade Isaac and 6 for KAT

7 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'm sorry but I wouldn't trade Isaac and 6 for KAT

KAT has made the all star game. Not missed a game. He scored 20 plus points a night, double digit rebounds, and blocks at a decent enough rate. 

Isaac is unlikely to become a number one option. He's more likely to be a defensively orientated player kinda like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. The sixth pick might have value but there are no guarantees we get a star from that pick.

With KAT we would be acquiring a star and number one option. If we kept Gordon he's a good number two option. Fournier is a more than acceptable third option. If we could get solid point guard and center production we would be looking better than we would with Isaac and 6 on board. 

On 5/15/2018 at 11:24 PM, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would have played Biz at PG for 40 minutes if I had to in order to lose that last game, the Dallas game, and the Washington game. There was no reason to win ANY more games and we could have been picking 2nd or 3rd.

Sounds like you wanted Orlando to lose their pick this year. 

This link will probably make you guys happy

5b003fb274b3f_ScreenShot2018-05-19at10_15_33AM.png.762d9f82661a100f750fc18c08f6f66d.png

I haven't been the biggest Bamba fan, even with all of you guys kinda going nuts about him. For me, if we went with Bamba, I'd shrug my shoulders instead of being overly excited. Similar to the way I shrugged my shoulders last season at Isaac. While Isaac still looks promising, I'm worried that his frame will never be able to handle a rigorous 82 game season. I was really hoping the Magic would get Smith Jr. so I was a little disappointed. 

When I look at this draft, I'm worried that if we go big with our draft pick, we are essentially wasting another year of progress because of the log-jam of bigs we have. We're not trading Biz anytime soon, unless we can package Vuc somehow for another lottery pick this year, I doubt we're trading him. So you have Vuc/Biz/Isaac/Gordon/Birch -- that's a lot to go through in order to find playing time and a rhythm.

For me, at the 6 spot, here is my wish list:

1. Mikal Bridges

2. Either JJJ or Bamba (I think I like JJJ's versatility a little more than Bambas)

With Bamba, you basically are reverting back to old school NBA with an anchor big. That lineup doesn't win anymore. Even with the Rudy Gobert comparison, Jazz lost to a superior Rockets but Capela outplayed Gobert because of versatility. Look at Toronto with Valanciunas or Memphis with Marc Gasol or the Clips with DJ or the Heat with Whiteside or Lakers with Lopez. You need a guy who is versatile and isn't just a glorified shot blocker. That's why Horford, KAT (even though his defense isn't very good at the moment), Embiid, Cousins, Jokic -- are all lightyears above the others mentioned because they have more to their game. I'm worried Bamba falls into the first category and we desperately need a versatile star. 

3. I'd take a serious look at MPJ if he is there. We need scoring and if healthy, he is one of the more pure scorers in this draft who seems to fit the NBA. I know there are going to be Young fanboys saying he is the next Curry, but I honestly do not see it. Maybe I'm wrong and he goes off. But I think NBA teams figure him out quickly and he gets shut down.