Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

8 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

Is your point if we draft Trae Young or Wendell Carter we'll be in the lottery again?

If so, I'm not convinced players like Bamba or Jackson that fit the athletic and lengthy criteria that our front office look for could help us avoid the lottery next season.  They'll bring defense but we'd need significant growth from other players and further additions in order to make the play offs.

Or is it merely a question of who I like?

If so, I haven't seen any of next year's potential class to comment because I don't follow the high school game. However, based off recruiting classes and reports it seems likely to be a good forward class with a couple of shooting guards to watch out for. 

I see it as a reality question.  Toronto, Boston, Philly and Cleveland Unless LeBron leaves) all in for next year's playoffs.  I would add Washington and Indiana (who has cap money) as pretty solid bets to make it in.  That leaves Milwaukee and Miami.  Bucks should get there again.  Therefore we would have to beat out Miami.  The addition of one player at pick 6 (and the probable trades of other veterans making us younger) is unlikely to get us into the playoffs.  Unless we pull off some incredible Magic.  Realistically we will be in the lottery for hopefully only one more year.  Definitely not a big man or point guard class next year.  Full of quality 2's and 3's!

Twitter is buzzing about KAT potentially being available for trade due to internal issues in Minnesota. Not sure how much I believe it, seems like Brian Windhorst just kind of made it up, but it’s out there and is picking up some traction.

35 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Twitter is buzzing about KAT potentially being available for trade due to internal issues in Minnesota. Not sure how much I believe it, seems like Brian Windhorst just kind of made it up, but it’s out there and is picking up some traction.

OVER-RATED! I'd take him for cheap though lol. 

Let's say we draft MPJ. How does the rest of our roster shake out?

Does it mean anything for AG? What about Mario; does he feel some type of way and bounces? We'd need to find a way to get a young PG. Maybe use Vuc/Simmons/Ross to trade for a PG? Exum, or trade into mid-to-late lotto for Sexton? SGA?

For sh*ts and giggles, could we get away with this lineup in 1-2 yrs:
Sexton/Mario/MPJ/Isaac/Gordon

8 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

KAT is rich man's Vuc

What’s so crazy is that everyone thought he would be really good on defense coming out of UK. Is it effort? Or just couldn’t cut it at this level?

13 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

What’s so crazy is that everyone thought he would be really good on defense coming out of UK. Is it effort? Or just couldn’t cut it at this level?

I think it takes a lot of effort and conditioning to be a true two way player. The three pointers and stats are what make you the easy money so he favored that part of his game

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Towns mentioned locker room issues. They trade that entire team before they trade towns. 

But if he was available I'd trade our pick and stuff to get him. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The cost would be fairly significant for any team looking to acquire him. 

For us it would likely involve Isaac, Gordon, this year's first round pick, and future picks as well. As talented as he is we'd be leaving the cupboard fairly bare.

Just now, Mike1989 said:

The cost would be fairly significant for any team looking to acquire him. 

For us it would likely involve Isaac, Gordon, this year's first round pick, and future picks as well. As talented as he is we'd be leaving the cupboard fairly bare.

1. It really couldn't involve Gordon

2. I bet we could get him without trading Isaac or Gordon. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Towns mentioned locker room issues. They trade that entire team before they trade towns. 

But if he was available I'd trade our pick and stuff to get him. 

Right. I’d assume Minnesota would fire Thibs before they trade KAT.

Unfortunately these things hardly ever happen but I'd totally trade for that Memphis pick, Parsons' contract and Ben McLemore for Fournier and whoever the Grizzlies want between Vucevic, Ross and Simmons plus some future first rounder.

Take Young and one of the bigs (Bamba, JJJ or Carter) and you have a core for the next decade.