Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

I don't want Sexton at 6. Trade back to like 8 or 9 and pick up extra assets if Sexton is your guy. Rather have Carter or Bamba though.

Like just read this https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/collin-sexton-the-young-bull

If we're going to look for the "Donovan Mitchell" of this draft isn't that article plus being a two way player plus scoring 40 points in a game against Minnesota (21 after playing 3 on 5) indicative of this year's Donovan Mitchell?

Maybe that should supercede being streaky shooter, ok passer, good but not elite athlete among NBA players?

Or maybe it shouldn't. 

41 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't want Sexton at 6. Trade back to like 8 or 9 and pick up extra assets if Sexton is your guy. Rather have Carter or Bamba though.

If Sexton is their guy no reason not to take him there rather than risking him not being there

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Like just read this https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/collin-sexton-the-young-bull

If we're going to look for the "Donovan Mitchell" of this draft isn't that article plus being a two way player plus scoring 40 points in a game against Minnesota (21 after playing 3 on 5) indicative of this year's Donovan Mitchell?

Maybe that should supercede being streaky shooter, ok passer, good but not elite athlete among NBA players?

Or maybe it shouldn't. 

I liked Sexton before. I love him now. I'm obviously biased in this respect, but the ability to write well always speaks of intelligence to me. That is very well written for a kid his age. And the stuff he says about social media... yeah, this just might be my guy. If he can back up that attitude and work ethic in workouts, he's the kind of guy we need.

3 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I liked Sexton before. I love him now. I'm obviously biased in this respect, but the ability to write well always speaks of intelligence to me. That is very well written for a kid his age. And the stuff he says about social media... yeah, this just might be my guy. If he can back up that attitude and work ethic in workouts, he's the kind of guy we need really bad.

I was always under the impression that the players dictated the general ideas and then a writer actually typed it up, fixing grammar and such.  I could be dead wrong on that, just an assumption.  It just seems like all the Players Tribune articles are well-written; you'd have to expect at least occasionally that there would be poorly-written articles if athletes always wrote them, right?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I was always under the impression that the players dictated the general ideas and then a writer actually typed it up, fixing grammar and such.  I could be dead wrong on that, just an assumption.  It just seems like all the Players Tribune articles are well-written; you'd have to expect at least occasionally that there would be poorly-written articles if athletes always wrote them, right?

You could be right. That's the only one I've read from Players Tribune. I'll have to check some others out.

17 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Ummm yea those articles obviously have editors. People actually thought otherwise? Those things are written flawlessly. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Ummm yea those articles obviously have editors. People actually thought otherwise? Those things are written flawlessly. 

Again, that's the only one I've read. If they're all like that, I agree, they have editors. I've heard enough young athletes speak to know that they aren't asked to write a lot of essays.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

It would be nice to move back and get him, but what would the Cavaliers and Knicks be willing to give up?

The Knicks will likely tank next season with KP likely to miss the majority of the season, and even if they decide to try and win they are unlikely to be willing to give up future picks or young talent.

I suppose the Cavaliers can send future firsts our way, but they'll be late first rounders unless LeBron leaves. Talent wise I suppose Jordan Clarkson might appeal if we want a decent enough guard option, but there's not a lot to be gained from our end. 

In a sense I think we'll probably be forced to pick him at six if we really want Sexton. I can't see him falling to the Clippers if his stock continues to rise, which at one point could have been a viable trade back if we got 12 and 13. We could have drafted Sexton and Robert Williams.

With that said, if a trade back with the Clippers landed us SGA and Robert Williams, that could be an appealing option for us if we really don't fancy one of the players at six. Maybe we can even dump a contract on the Clippers at the same point...