Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

As I’ve said all year, wouldn’t surprise me if our management has Sexton rated higher than Young

I dont think they do. They are just exploring options in case they will either trade down or add another first round pick.

14 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont think they do. They are just exploring options in case they will either trade down or add another first round pick.

Plus just because you don't draft a guy doesn't mean you won't have the opportunity to trade for him or sign him in a few years time and it's nice to know what they're like and whether their personalities fit what we're looking for.

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I don't know. It wouldn't be crazy for a team to value his work ethic and flashes over his efficiency. Especially considering his performance in tournament play where he averaged 24/4/4 on 55% 2s 48% 3s 82% fts. He could come into workouts and impress. 

Dude did score 21 points in 13 minutes going 3 on 5 and almost engineered a comeback. 

But yeah, this is how Donovan Mitchell type guys fall. But it's also how Shabazz Napier type guys get overrated. So if the magic did pick him at 6 I wouldn't be upset. There's some intangible thing about him that makes you afraid to bet against him. But I don't know if we should be clamoring to draft him. 

You're basically betting on work ethic and isolation skill in a body with solid athleticism, length and quickness. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know. It wouldn't be crazy for a team to value his work ethic and flashes over his efficiency. Especially considering his performance in tournament play where he averaged 24/4/4 on 55% 2s 48% 3s 82% fts. He could come into workouts and impress. 

Dude did score 21 points in 13 minutes going 3 on 5 and almost engineered a comeback. 

But yeah, this is how Donovan Mitchell type guys fall. But it's also how Shabazz Napier type guys get overrated. So if the magic did pick him at 6 I wouldn't be upset. There's some intangible thing about him that makes you afraid to bet against him. But I don't know if we should be clamoring to draft him. 

You're basically betting on work ethic and isolation skill in a body with solid athleticism, length and quickness. 

I will be partially upset as there is no need to pick him at 6. Looking at the list of teams Picking un the top 10, other than the magic and cleveland, i just dont see any other team going for him. Cleveland will likely go for young. I can see him dropping down to the clippers. I will not be surprise nor upset if we trade down for those 2 lottery picks and end up getting him and smith. 

But I rather stay where we are and pick Bamba or JJJ.

35 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Man.. I’m salavating at the defensive potential of a Mo Bamba, Jonathan Isaac, Aaron Gordon lineup...

Ah yes, three players who have proven nothing on the defensive end in the nba

2 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Ah yes, three players who have proven nothing on the defensive end in the nba

Gordon and Isaac have shown a lot on the defensive end

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Sexton seems way more a Hammond & Co guy over Young. 

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Sexton seems way more a Hammond & Co guy over Young. 

But Weltman is the one making the decision. 

28 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I will be partially upset as there is no need to pick him at 6. Looking at the list of teams Picking un the top 10, other than the magic and cleveland, i just dont see any other team going for him. Cleveland will likely go for young. I can see him dropping down to the clippers. I will not be surprise nor upset if we trade down for those 2 lottery picks and end up getting him and smith. 

But I rather stay where we are and pick Bamba or JJJ.

NY is supposedly very high on Sexton 

21 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

But Weltman is the one making the decision. 

Meant Weltman and Hammond. They both seem to have a type they agree on and young isn’t it. 

Taking Sexton over Young is the right move if were set on PG for some reason. 

24 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

NY is supposedly very high on Sexton 

I’m saying this in general and not to you personally but, as a cautionary tale,  there’s absolutely no reason to believe anything you read about how teams view certain players. In fact, if it’s out there it’s more than likely not the case at all.